“Taking in the early summer sunshine. ”

Sunset Hills Vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

What a quiet and peaceful place. We came here for a light lunch followed by wine tasting. It turned out to be a hidden gem. Really peaceful place with a veranda and terrace garden. Beautiful view across the valley. The old barn has been done up really nicely and the wine tasting is good and at a reasonable price. Find your favourite, buy a bottle and take it outside to enjoy on the deck with some nibbles. No thrills wine tasting at it's best. Thanks for a lovely day.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Driving up we noticed the beautiful ground, landscaping and buildings at the vineyard and were very excited to go inside. We were even more excited to see the signs on the driveway advising no limos or big groups without appointments, as we really don't like crowded, party scenes at wineries.

Upon entering the tasting room, we were very impressed with the beauty of the place - WOW! The place was also packed. It was a Friday, but it was around 2:30PM. The nice thing was that there was plenty of staff available who greeted us and let us know they would take care of us.

We quickly looked at their menu and didn't see what we were looking for, which was a chardonnay and when we mentioned this, they advised they do have one and very quickly got us a free sample and described it. It was very nice and we bought a bottle.
The staff is very friendly there.

Maybe a place to go back with friends. Not sure about it being "intimate" enough for couples.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I really enjoyed Sunset Hills when it first opened--I was even considering getting married there. I've been back a few times since and I have to say I will not be returning. The tasting was rushed, and I felt, expensive for the number of wines we tasted. The pouring staff seemed more interested in rushing on to the next group instead of telling us about the wine. Wine tasting is all about the experience, so to me this is an important factor in my rating. The wines are decent, some I like, some I don't. But I think it's fair to say you have the same reaction to wines at any of the VA wineries. I also feel like the bottle prices have increased in the last few years, which is why I haven't purchased their wines in a while. The tasting room is beautiful--they spent a lot of work in creating and restoring the barn. I just wish they would put that same effort into the overall experience.

2  Thank shortydips24
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Their tastings are rushed. It's so loud that you could only hear what they were saying when they were right in front of you, and you can forget talking to the people you are with. My family enjoyed the mulled wine, and the building and grounds are beautiful.

2  Thank Michelle N
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Enjoyed our wines and experience at Sunset Hills.
They were only serving reds and one champagne that was from France. The wines were very good and our server was very knowledgeable.

The barn is beautiful and they had a musician playing.

The folks next to us ordered the Brie and bread and said it was very good.

Would definitely recommend stopping by.