“Great and quick Chinese food!”
Review of Hot Wok

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hot Wok
Ranked #30 of 46 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We've tried several other Chinese places in town and this is the one we like best. The honey chicken is so delicious! And, with little kids, sometimes it's hard to order Chinese because they are picky. But, we order the honey chicken for them and there are never any left overs!
My daughter loves the "destiny cookies" - her word for them. They are typical, but we look forward to reading what out destiny will be! Some of the food is oily- like the egg rolls. But the cashew chicken and most of the other things we've gotten have been fine. I stay away from the shrimp, as I don't think it's sufficiently cleaned and deveined. That said, it's a fine place to have a quick lunch if you are more interested in your company than the ambience. I have to agree with daveatc1234's comments about the lady at the register. ...friendly isn't a word that comes to mind! But still, Enjoy!

2  Thank C M

Reviewed 18 November 2012

The food here is fantastic. The ambience is non-existent, so get the food to go. The lady working at the register perpetually acts as if you're pestering her with your uncontrollable desire to give her your money, so that's fun. It's like talking to my ex-wife, but with delicious food and so much less of a desire to see her run over by a truck. I am almost entirely unable to drive past there without getting some take out. It's seriously good food with a sourpuss at the register. Go for one or the other.

10  Thank daveatc1234
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The service is fast, the price is right. No ambience, mostly takeout with a few tables. Nice family business. Friendly, helpful.

3  Thank DCpumpkin
Reviewed 22 June 2012

title says it all. Its a small, shopping center hole in the wall kind of place, but the lunch specials are generous for the price. Nothing you havent had before, but always done well and quickly. enjoy

2  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 12 December 2010

If you need a quick bite of typically Americanized Chinese food Hot Wok has done the trick for me. Yes, it is NOT PF Changs China Bistro; go to Dulles Town Center is that is what you want (and I know it is very good). But, if you are in Pville or reside nearby in the country, Hot Wok does the trick and is much closer. My soups have been good and my dinners on par with any good Chinese restaurant establishment, so ubiquitous throughout American small towns. The prices are fair, the service fast and it is great for takeout...not much in the way of seating on site. When you just need that dose of Hot & Sour soup, I head here.

4  Thank FarKnight