“Best fun of my life, bucket list check off.”

Harpers Ferry Adventure Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, formerly BTI Whitewater / Butts Tubes, is located at the northern tip of Loudoun County, Virginia, near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. We offer a wide range of exciting and affordable outdoor adventures including: whitewater rafting, water tubing, zip line tours, kayaking, canoeing, team building, fishing, hiking, camping, and more! You can spend the entire day or multiple days having fun on both the Shenandoah River and Potomac River, in the beautiful tri-state area of Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Mr. Fat and Paul I think were the most friendly and helpful for my best friend and I. First timers and we will be back. Thank you everyone.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Looking for a little adventure? This is a great place to start.

I am not terribly athletic so I chose the white water tubing adventure. The staff was very friendly. It started with a call to gather a little information. The clerk on the phone was very friendly, offered some tips and really tried to listen and accommodate our wishes.

When we got there, it was easy to check in and then a very short wait to start the adventure.
You start out by getting your life jacket and selecting a tube. Board the bus and after a short ride, you are on your way.

You can simply float down the river or try to paddle with your hands. It sounds easy but I will tell you, I'm exhausted tonight! I'm so glad I took the afternoon with my son. It was such a nice time.

Tips:
bring something for your feet...not flip flops....water shoes, old sneakers
It took about 2.5 hours to make the trek down the river when I went.
There are rocks in the water, you'll get bumped a little but nothing painful.
tubing tours start every hour
want to stay with someone? Ask to be linked together. I didn't and I wish I had. I spent a lot of time trying to paddle over and it's not that easy. Once we got together, it was relaxing to float, catch the lovely view and chat.

Other comments:
This new site looks like it's still under construction. I'm sure once it's done, it'll be even better.
Beautiful view

We're hoping to go back and try another adventure.

HFAdventureCenter, Public Relations Manager at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your awesome review! We're so glad you loved our friendly staff and exciting river tubing trip. The view from the center really is breathtaking, we agree! We hope to see you and your son again super soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Well run operation, check in was smooth. Staff is friendly and attentive. You can rent coolers, take along your favorite beverage and lunch. It's a short 15 mins-20 min. bus ride to the put in. Float along the Potomac River was relaxing and fun. We took our time and made a few stops along the way to chill out on the rocks and have some lunch. The best part is they have a private take out point in which you have just a very short five minute ride in a really cool five ton army transport truck up the hill back to your vehicle. There is NO WET BUS RIDE back to your car.

HFAdventureCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review about staff and our river. We love that you love our army transport vehicle, hopefully you can take another spin on it again soon! We hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Took my nine year old river rafting today. The guides were all top notch, the equipment was in perfect shape and they took safety seriously. One great ride, not too fast nor too slow, If your in the area, visit this establishment. Spend two days away for the rat race and get on the river. Don't forget to tip out the guides. They work hard and Im sure it supplements their income. See you soon. Paul and Kyle

HFAdventureCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

We are SO excited that you had a blast rafting today! Safety is our top concern and we're very glad that was apparent on your trip! We will definitely pass along the compliments to our guides as well. We can't wait to see you back here this summer!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We celebrated with Ziplining and it was great fun. Only wish the course was longer. Josh and Dave were great guides making sure that we were all safe and comfortable. I am not keen on heights but they were great and encouraging. Just do it!

1  Thank Carla F
HFAdventureCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

First of all, Happy Birthday!!! We're so excited you were able to celebrate such a special day with us, and that you had an awesome time. We will definitely pass the word along to our zip guides that they made you feel comfortable and safe! We hope to see you again soon!