“Monday Night Jam Session”
Review of River City Grill

River City Grill
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Radford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The big reason to go to the River City Grill is the Monday Night Jam Session. This is when locals come in with their Fiddle, Banjo, Mandolin or guitar to jam on old bluegrass standards. Starts around 7pm, eat at the restaurant and stay for the music. The food is good and reasonably priced. One word of caution don't expect crab chunks in their dishes, it is crab salad inserted into things, so I'd recommend avoiding any crab dishes. The French Dip though was very good.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I've eaten at River City Grill several times over the years, and I always enjoyed their chicken salad sandwich. Unfortunately, my recent visit almost prompted me to call the police on the husband/wife owners! To say they were having a bad day is an understatement. Screaming at each other in front of patrons is the height of no-class and incivility. They carried their fight out to the street several times, and at one point the wife slapped her husband. When our waitress came to our table, we asked her if this happened often. She said that unfortunately it did. She then approached the female owner about the scene she was making, and sadly, our waitress was fired on the spot! The husband-owner later begged her to stay. Mind you, all of this was blatantly in front of all the patrons. When my lunch pal and I were leaving, the female owner barrelled her way, very rudely, past us, as WE held the door open for HER. There were no apologies whatsoever from the two owners. Our kind waitress needs a job down the street. I'd never work under those conditions. Yesterday, when the other couple we were with suggested eating at the River City Grill, we told them NEVER. We explained why and they agreed...NEVER. It's a shame. So much potential. Where is the love? How can owners treat patrons so unkindly? Sad.

4  Thank MtnGalAlways
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Been here several times while visiting daughter at college. Always clean, friendly and delicious food. Easy access with a good menus.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Went there recently for a pickup order to celebrate a special day for my wife and family. After being told it would be ready in 45 minutes, the waitress then lied to us and said it was “almost up”. After 90 minutes I decide to ask for a refund for the food that we hadn’t. At that moment it appears and is assembled at a table in the dining room. Once we get home, we learn that it’s all wrong and no one has the energy to go back. Very unhappy with it all especially considering we were told 45 minutes after placing the order. No apologies from any of the staff and no management even visible at the time.

2  Thank saw2662
Reviewed 4 February 2018

This restaurant used to be one of my favorites but in the last year or so it has really gone downhill. Everything is cooked and good but its missing the love and basic spices. Really. I got french fries and they did not even have salt. I thought hey, maybe the mac and cheese is better but it didn't have salt or any kind of seasoning either. Please add seasonings and hire cooks who actually enjoy their job.