“Not so happy”

Dining options: After-hours
Radford, Virginia
“Not so happy”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been a customer for years at all of the macados. The one in Radford has been a let down lately. SLOW service and rude waitresses. we arrived at 7:35 was seated at 8:10 and did not get our food until after 9:00. Three other tables were seated after us fed and out the door before we were served. the MOD said it was due to a large party but it did not affect the other tables around us. After the food was brought to our table my sandwich was soggy and the husbands was cold. The server actually got attitude with me when I told her to take it back I did not want it. Needless to say .............NO TIP!!!

• Visited August 2014

Norfolk, Virginia
“Funky decor, good food”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a fun family restaurant when school is not in session (Radford University) and is probably a lot noisier and busier when the students are in town. Huge schooners of beer are available. The sandwiches and wraps are usually good. I enjoyed the fish tacos.

• Visited July 2014
“Sandwich version of a Red Robin”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our group of 12 met there on a quiet Saturday evening for supper. Service was good and they have a large selection of sandwiches. Quality was OK for most although the child's fruit cup had very very ripe banana slices in it - almost to the point of sending it back. This restaurant is undergoing a remodel so from the outside it looks like it may be closed. Interior space is fine as they have the part under construction partitioned off.

Colchester, Vermont
“You want to eat here!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recommend this restaurant! The décor is fun and entertaining. The menu offers a huge number of options and the food is good. The prices are reasonable.

Visited July 2014
Dublin, Virginia
“Food Good...Service Not So Much”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family has been eating here since the 80s and it's generally a great restaurant. The décor is quirky, the menu has a tremendous selection of gourmet sandwiches and other items. We almost always order sandwiches, which are delicious. The problem is the service and lack of attention by the kitchen. In all the years we have been dining here, the service has always pretty much sucked. I don't know if they hire servers who don't care or they are just too busy to service their tables, but we typically end up sitting through most of the meal conserving what's left of our drinks because the server never comes by to check the table for refills or to see if we need anything else. Also, the kitchen does not appear to understand special instructions because my requests for bacon "well done" always comes out as bacon "barely cooked." During our visit today, our potatoes skins were made with rotten potatoes. Because of that and the consistent lack of good service, I downgraded my rating. The food is usually very good here though and we do enjoy the restaurant. Just wish there were more attention to service and detail.

1 Thank kitten4762

Been to Macado's? Share your experiences!