“Amazing Calzones”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Virginia
“Amazing Calzones”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stopped here for takeout on the last day of a "Daily Deals" gift certificate we had purchased weeks earlier. We had been to the Sal's in Blacksburg and thought it would be a good purchase, and we were right! The calzones here are really fantastic and very large, and the sauce that comes with it is delicious. If we lived closer, we would definitely visit more often! The menu is very nice, and there are many creative calzone choices in addition to a "build your own" option. Highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
“Dinner at Sal's Pizzeria”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The whole family went out for pizza at Sal's. It was absolutely wonderful. Coming from a Sal's Pizza fan from Williamsburg, Va, ours couldnot hold a candle to the one in Radford.

• Visited June 2013
Radford, Virginia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is one of our favorite places to visit while in Radford. We love their Italian dishes, their subs, their pizza, and even their salads, especially the salmon salad! Everything is delicious! We have tried other restaurants, but always go back to Sal's! Thank you.

Visited September 2013
Indian Head, Maryland
“Nostalgic experience coming back here....very good”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I lived in the area many years ago and remember Sal's as the place I took Mom and Dad to eat when they visited. I am a bit late with this review, but I ate there again on business (with its more spruced up decor) and the food did not disappoint.
I still prefer Sal's to johnny-come-lately Zeppoli's in Blacksburg (whose meatballs could have been used for baseball practice when I last ate there). Some will not agree with me, but I submit that it may have improved since that one experience. I cannot say if Sal's in Blacksburg is as good as the original in Radford, but I always try to stop here on any extended trip to the area. Recommended.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pizza ever”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Sal's has the greatest pizza outside of New York. Their other menu choices are also good!!

Very friendly staff. Ad Pat, the manager, is a really terrific guy. Their tiramisu is to die for.

We just love going there.

• Visited June 2013