“Excellent staff nice big clean rooms”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Raphine
Middle River, Maryland
“Excellent staff nice big clean rooms”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Let me first start off this review by saying I did not choose this hotel. The mini coach I was driving broke down at Mile Maker 210 about 5 miles away from here I was towed to the the Petro across the street, now with that said,

I arrived at 10 pm on a Friday night and the front desk person was extremely happy,pleasant, and a fountain of knowledge about the area that I found my self stranded in. when I arrived at my room the room was very large plenty of open space and had adequate amenities. Very clean room, No smells.
Very little noise in the hotel at night.
In the morning took a shower very clean and good water pressure and plenty of towels.
i went down for the free Continental breakfast, there was enough to fill you up,waffles and toast and coffee and a few juices and fruits and pastry
I then went to the front desk to figure a way to get home To Baltimore Area and the asst hotel manger when above and beyond my expectation, she spend a good deal of time 45 minutes asking other employees and calling this place and that one and here and there, eventually finding a greyhound stop about 57 miles away. I am very great-full to the staff and every trip to Atlanta From Baltimore, I plan on staying here.

Room Tip: there is no place that delivers but there is a pizza place 3 minute drive away
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed in a king, which had large room that included a couch, coffee table, desk & chair, fridge & microwave, spacious bathroom & a balcony overlooking the highway w/ a great view of the mountain backdrop. From our balcony, we actually got to see an extraordinary electrical storm pass through the area, which lit up the surrounding mountains brilliantly. At the time, they were refacing the building and doing some room upgrades, which in no way interfered with the comfort of our brief stay. The room was free of bugs & grime and was well maintained. The carpets were pretty old & worn, but clean. I presume this was also a portion of the renovations being made then. Great staff. Comfortable bed. Quiet & spacious room. Moderate breakfast. Great for a relaxing stop on the road to where ever you're headed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank iamrennie
Columbus OH
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Bathrooms were clean and spacious with all new faucets. Beds were not too comfortable. Overall, I would recommend staying there again. I was very happy that they accepted pets for a $10 pet fee.

W

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Staff was friendly, but I VERY much regretted staying here w/my 2 boys, and I am FAR from a picky person!

Much of hotel was in horrible condition: the dining room with a beautiful view shown in photos on the Days Inn web site - was unused and had piles of boxes and debris in it. The real breakfast area has a view of a parking lot. Along the hall to our room there were 3 ceiling tiles missing w/wires and pipes above exposed. On our way to the pool on the lower level in the hallway there was: a bag of concrete, big pieces of wall or door, long metal rods, duct tape on the ramp railings, bathrooms out of order, and a door open - both days - to a large room with more old furniture and debris filling it. Peeling paint on outer bldg in back near the pool, and big dumpster overfull of contruction debris visible from pool. In short, the lower level looked like an abandoned hotel!

The lobby was better. Our room was better in general, except for the 2 chairs which were very stained and had seats which had collapsed so that they were uncomfortable to sit in as you were very low. I tried to eat my meal on the bed as the chairs were so nasty - and again, I am NOT a neat freak. The toilet underseat was not 100% cleaned. The breakfast room had an industrial-type trashcan for our use next to the door with a very grimy outside, and all the tabletops were dirty. I actually found myself wishing we'd stayed in the truck stops nearby instead! This was a rare splurge for us as I am low-income, and we deserved better.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Raphine hotels

Waverly, NY
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We ended up staying here for two nights on our trip, after booking through an online site. We got a discount rate, which worked out because there isn't much to do in this neck of the woods. It's conveniently located next to I-81, and is about 15 miles each way to Staunton and Lexington. It was booked solid when we were there, thanks to Hurricane Irene, but everything went OK and the breakfast and coffee were good. The staff was pleasant, no complaints with them, but the A/C in the room didn't work- it was only good for pulling in some cool outside air at night. One of the two windows in the room wouldn't stay up by itself and we had to prop it open, and my girlfriend and her daughter said the hot tub was shut down and the room was being used for storage...but the outdoor pool was up and running so they were happy. It was an OK stay overall, it was just a stopover on our way to Va. Beach for a spur of the moment end-of-summer vacation.

Room Tip: The second floor is actually the ground floor where you enter. I think the first floor is only to ac...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I don't know what is wrong with the other reviewers who rated this hotel above 3 stars. This was one of the worst hotels in which I have ever had the displeasure of staying. Upon entering my room I noticed the walls and carpet were stained with various things (I don't even want to thing about with what). When I changed into my sleepwear, I didn't even want to put my dirty (never mind clean) clothes on the chairs. I placed my clothes on top of the dresser but as I was doing so I found a live flea on the dresser. After inspecting the room for next 20 minutes, I decided that I could either sleep in the car, or sleep in the bed. I thoroughly inspecting the bed before attempting to go to sleep. The bed felt as if every spring had sprung. Needless to say I woke up about every 2 hours. The pillow felt like a box. My alarm clocked me at 8 hours of sleep but I woke up feeling very unrested and ended up falling asleep several times during my business training session the next day, not to mention the complementary breakfast was abysmally bad! Avoid this place at all costs!!!! It's worse than my description, trust me!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Holly S
Alrewas
Reviewed 21 October 2010

We had a long drive from Nashville, heading to Washington DC - after a few hours on the road we decided to find somewhere to stop for the night and found this Days Inn quoted in local tourist guides as offering a "deluxe" breakfast.

- Internet (wifi) was unavailable during our stay
- The hotel definitely had that "out of season" feel to it
- "Deluxe" breakfast failed spectacularly to meet expectations

Overall a disappointing Days Inn stay, but it did the job for 1 night.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gravimetrix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raphine
Quality Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Lexington

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!