“Great stay for price and extra nice staff.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Raphine
Reviewed 14 August 2010

For $50 a night you couldn't ask for anything more. The above people are that rate this place down live in by gone years. The good ol' days of $20 hotels are gone....$50 is the new $20 if you are lucky and I got lucky here. I travel up and down the east coast for work and this is in the 7ish range compared to all the hotels i stay in in the $50-$200 range. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 6 August 2010

the third motel i stopped at in that area, i thought i was doomed to a dump for the night. it was extremely nice, all american staff, priced right, and the view from the dining room was worth the trip. the motel sits on a hillside overlooking a striking view of a wide green valley stretching up to the mountain the blue ridge parkway runs along. thanks to the two ladies at the front desk for the southern hospitality. j collins, millstone, ky.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I chose this hotel because it was perfectly located between Lexington and Staunton and I was visiting friends in both towns. It is located on a hill with wonderful views of the mountains and valleys. Sadly, this hotel with its lovely views and spacious rooms has been allowed to deteriorate to an extent that I had a very unpleasant stay and cannot recommend it to others. The front desk lady was gracious and welcoming when I arrived, but the first room I was given was horrible. I found the fish hook on the floor by stepping on it with my bare feet. When I checked around to see if there were any others, I found eight or nine pieces of wire, another fish hook, and one of the beds was missing a side and the floor underneath the bed was filthy. The front desk lady said she was the only staff member on site - this was at 3:45 in the afternoon - so she reassigned me to the room across the hall. This room had a musty smell. The mildew on the ceiling and around the floorboards was undoubtedly contributing to the stench. I tried to air out the room by opening the window but it was nailed shut. My next option to get air in the room was the AC, but it smelled also. I removed the filthy filter, washed it, replaced it and turned the AC back on. It helped a little. I was able to sleep that night, but the next morning when I tried to take a shower, the water came out of the bath spigot but didn't come out of the shower head when I turned the ancient, corroded control mechanism. Yikes! I ended up shampooing my hair under the bath spigot. The bathroom fan circulated stale smoke smells from other rooms. The breakfast was the usual fare, but the orange juice appeared to be watered down, the milk was at room temperature, and the tables and counters were filthy. It is a shame that this hotel has been allowed to deteriorate so much. They had lots of people spending the night - and lots of complaints in the breakfast room about room cleanliness and plumbing issues. Given the numbers of guests, it would appear that there should be adequate funds to maintain the hotel. I was told the manager is rarely on site - perhaps he just doesn't care enough to maintain the property and staff it adequately. In any case, I cannot recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank trishlh
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My husband and I had a 2 day layover on our way to SC and this hotel was a welcomed alternative to spending 2 days in the truck stop. The regular rate is about 70.00/ night for 2 doubles and the trucker rate was 49.99(sat) and 44.99(sun). If you ask for an odd number room you can see your truck from your window. An even number room gets you a nice view of the mountains.
The best part of staying here is the staff. Check in was quick and friendly and everyone from the manager to the housekeepers went out of thier way to make sure we had a nice stay. A special Thank You to Trisha from housekeeping. Your concern for making sure we had everything we needed for our second night was greatly appreciated. With our job we stay in everything from dumps to 5 star hotels (on Vac.) and I don't think I ever had a housekeeper approach me in the hallway and ask if I needed anything. (we keep our do not distrub sign out all the time) It made me feel very welcomed.
The lobby was nice with 24hr coffee and a computer. The connection wasn't great but good enough to check you email.
Our room was spacious, very clean and well stocked. There was a decent TV, table and chairs, microwave, fridge, iron and a full size ironing board (with a clean cover). The air conditioner worked very well and the carpet was fairly new and CLEAN. If you stay in alot of lower priced hotels like we do you know how rare that is. We were quite comfortable.
The hotel was very quiet and relaxing.
The beds were comfortable and the bedding was decent. Three pillows on each bed was a welcomed surprise.
The bathroom was small but very clean with plenty of towels and a clean, new shower curtain. There was also a hair dryer and a coffee maker.
There is a guest washer and dryer on the first floor. ( 2.00 ea.) which came in handy after a swim in the outdoor pool.
The Continental Breakfast was the usual stuff. Toast, assorted bagles, donuts, muffins, 2 cereals, oatmeal, fruit, coffee, tea and juice... but it was nicely displayed, fresh, well stocked and maintained all the way up to 9:00. The diningroom was clean and had plenty of tables.
The only thing I didn't like about this location was the lack of place to eat in walking distance. The next town seems to have plenty of restaurants but when you have a tractor trailer it's not so easy to get around. The Manager said she has been trying to get someone to deliver here but she wasn't having any luck. Whites Truck Stop across the hwy. has a diner with great homestyle food but it is what it is... a truck stop. No frills, just good food. There is also a Hess Truck Stop on the same side as the hotel with a c-store and fuel.
Don't let the truck stops deter you from staying here. They are far enough away that there isn't any noise or traffic around the hotel.
We pass through this way quite a bit and we will be treating ourselves to a stay here from now on.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2010

A good place to stop when you're done for the day. Not very special, good or bad. I'd have been a LOT more pleased if it had cost $20 less.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2009

The apparent sewage smell in the parking lot was far less than welcoming.

The sticky floor in the breakfast area was annoying making breakfast unappealing.
There was toilet paper stuffed in the sprinkler in the bathroom and in the eyehole in the door. The carpet was dirty.

The party on Saturday night was out of control!
Around midnight, the party guests returned to their rooms and were playing live music (guitar and banjo) in a room.

When we got the manager's ( Mehul Gandhi) card we were told to ask for his cell phone because he is rarely on site.

All this for twice the normal rate!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank passinthru_9
Reviewed 14 July 2008

This was the fourth hotel we stopped at in the Lexington, VA area on a long trip from Texas. All of the other hotels had only smoking rooms and one had an expensive suite. At close to midnight we weren’t going to be too picky but smoking rooms now are just unbearable. The check in was speedy and the clerk worked with me to get the best rate: $71.95 for two doubles.

The hotel was right off the highway and easy to find.

The lobby was very plain as was the breakfast room. The hallways were right out of the seventies but in good shape. The rooms were OK, the AC worked well once it was turned on. We were only there for 6-7 hours.

Breakfast was OK with cereal, baked goods, juice and coffee but the coffee was pretty gross. There was a lacrosse team there at breakfast and they monopolized to toaster.

I have no real complaints about the place except the coffee.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raphine
Quality Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 16 in Lexington
Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!