“Ma Margaret's Bed and Breakfast - Awesome!”

and 1 more site!
Ma Margaret's House B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Reedville B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ma Margaret's Bed and Breakfast - Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Ma Margaret's House, you are the best among B&Bs in my book. The privacy, room amenities, and overall warmth were delightful and a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. I especially appreciated the historical perspective as this B&B represents much more than just a vacation destination. Congratulations to Ma Margaret's for setting the bar high. I cannot wait to visit again.
My stay was so enjoyable and to share it with my family, as we celebrated my sister's birthday, with my best cousins in the world was the best treat ever. Moreover, to share that enjoyment at the Ma Margate's House was even better. We visited a few areas for shopping and enjoyed local wine tasting at a local winery...it was awesome!! Thank you so much for making our stay so remarkable!

Room Tip: The largest suite has a seating area, which is nice if you like to relax outside the bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank noticeme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

My wife and I took a trip to the Northern Neck for bicycling and kayaking. This B&B lives up to the reviews we read. Clean and comfortable room. Great porches. Great breakfast. Nice price. Modern amenities with a classic feel. We enjoyed the junior suite because it gave us comfortable seating in our room. The area was perfect for our bikes and kayaks.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaveDeb76
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

This was my first time staying in a bed and breakfast. If they are all like Ma Margaret's, I will make bed and breakfasts part of all my travel plans. The innkeepers took care of me of from the time I arrived until the time I departed--very important for a single traveler. Both days I was served a big country breakfast. The inn was very clean, the beds were comfortable--just like home. The innkeepers made suggestions about things to explore, places to eat and checked each day to see how I emjoyed the day's events. There were ample shops to explore.

Room Tip: All the rooms are reasonably priced!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank dreambig414
North Springfield, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

I took advantage of early spring weather to take a weekend trip to the Northern Neck. I had my eye on this B&B, based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. I wasn't disappointed!

The inn is located off the highway in a very quiet area...just the location if you're trying to get away from the noise of the city. The rooms are very well appointed...everything I needed was at hand.

The hospitality was great, as was the breakfast in the morning.

I stayed in the Ma Margaret's Junior Suite, which was perfect for one, and would have been great for two.

I'm looking forward to returning, once the ferries to the islands are up and running for the season.

I highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Jeff W
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

We loved the feeling of home. The accomodations were like sleeping in our very own bed. The fresh well water was such a delight that taking a shower was so much more soothing than taking one in our home in CA. Breakfast was stupendous; courteous, warm and timely service with a menu that knocked our socks off every morning. The atmosphere was so calming as well. At times we felt like we were in a movie. Just simply the best!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kjlacurry
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at Ma Margaret's House while visiting Reedville, Va. The house is absolutely gorgeous. Alva & Cynthia provided us with great hospitality and we thoroughly enjoyed the large, country breakfast! DE-LISH! Would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mrs_Heiberg
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

Outstanding Customer Service, Outstanding accommodations, Great Atmosphere and the food was absolutely delicious! We can't wait until our next visit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Yerb3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedville
Island Inn and Suites
#1 of 1 in Irvington
Camp Merryelande
Camp Merryelande
#1 of 1 in Piney Point

Been to Ma Margaret's House B&B? Share your experiences!