Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Reedville
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I was on a business trip to in the Northern Neck region, in particular Reedville and stayed one night. The accommodations were very nice, the bed was comfortable and the owner/hostess was very professional and friendly. The property looked very well maintained and clean, I am a sanitary nut!
I particularly like the beautiful setting and being able to sit by the water and enjoying a glass of wine and watch the sunset. It was so beautiful I took several pictures to show my associates. (I am not a professional photographer.)
Breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My wife & I read the reviews on this site and the inn website and reserved two nights in the nicest suite to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. Unfortunately, the room we found on arrival was not nearly so nice as the pictures led us to believe. The furniture was old and the rooms dark. To make it worse, the innkeeper wasn't prepared for our arrival. The front door wasn't answered and walking through the back had to pass piles of laundry to find our room. When I expressed that we wouldn't be staying, the innkeeper was rude and refused to refund our $50 deposit. Needless to say, we won't be returning!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HappyinMidlothian
mslaughter, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Hello, to respond to you review, I am so glad you found someplace that made you happy that day.

But, you were correct the curtains were closed, therefore dark, and the room was decorated in beautiful antiques, therefore old . . . but completely ready and clean for you with a large just made fresh flower arrangement. Unfortunately, wedding guests had a flat tire which added to the confusion as I was outside helping them and not answering the front door. I have no idea where the piles of laundry were, except the one at the basement steps, dropped to go outside.

I always allow guests to arrive when convenient for them, at your1:00 pm arrival instead of 3 to 6:00pm, it was unforunate for my previous guests to still be there worried about car problems.

I strive for guests to be happy and well informed of the area, of events and where the best restuarants are to dine, I am sorry to not experience that with and for you. Marguerite

Reviewed 10 August 2010

We enjoyed our 1 - week -stay in this charming old house with the friendly and heartly innkeeper Marguerite. The breakfast was delicious - and never the same within a week.
We were offered wine and snacks in the evening or afternoon and felt perfectly at home.
The garden & lawn is extremly large, beautyful - you can sit by the water, relax, read and have glass of wine. We had - together with an other couple - the 2 rooms in the upper
floor.Indeed both rooms were more or less appartments, consisting of 2 rooms each so
there is enough space. Thank you, Marguerite, for this experience on Chesapeeke Bay!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We stayed for the weekend, we when arrived we were greeted right away, checked in and were offered some wine and cheese, we sat out by the water overlooking the bay enjoying the wine and cheese. The rooms were very comfortable, very quiet. First time in Northern Neck, awesome area and will return and stay here again

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Fleeton Fields is a delightful place. The rooms are nice, we stayed in the Tidal Marsh room, and though our bathroom was across the hall, it was private. We also had a separate sitting area, so lots of room, and never felt hemmed in. The grounds are well maintained, and a delightful place to sit. The host, Maurgerite, is very knowledgable about the area, and can help with dinner reservations etc.

We ate at a great local deli -- Cockrell's, and at the Crazy Crab.

All three rooms were booked while we were there, so quite popular. Breakfasts were nice. Though at the table several did have to sit off to one side due to the legs of the table, but antiques will do that to you.

If you are a kayaker, the Cockrell Creek is a wonderful place to paddle. We spent all day on the water on a Saturday.

We will be back.