“Beautiful home in a beautiful location with a wonderful hostess.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reedville
Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Reedville B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful home in a beautiful location with a wonderful hostess.”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I spent the weekend at the B&B with a girlfriend. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed our hostess and the other guests. The grounds are incredible and the breakfast was amazing. I would come back again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
mslaughter, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for the review, you guys were great. It is so much fun to see a group of friends reconnect. Hope you will come again. Marguerite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife son and i visited this b&b last month and we will never go back. At the time I was temporary out of work but have returned since working for the government but felt we needed to give ourselfs a little treat after recently finding out my wife was diagnosis with serious medical problem. The owner after probing quite a bit found out that I was layed off (none of her biz) and took it upon herself to try and find job interviews for me in that area. Brought over men for me to meet to ask if the Co.they worked for where hiring. Very strange but I just thought this old lady is just being nice. But things got even, more awkward. She started flirting slot with me totally ignoring my wife with my wife got a kick out of as you got to remember this woman is literally older than my own grandmother. Although I think she still thinks she's in her 30's yuk! She was wearing mini skirts ,constantly asking only myself to drink with her,touching me,one morning even rubbing my shoulders. I was at the point now where I just wanted to leave but we had just agreed to one last night there and for us to change our minds and leave we would first have to take care of the bill with her but that day she was gone and didn't see her again till evening so as awkward as it was we tried to have a good laugh at it till the next morning she was rubbing my shoulders at the breakfast table and I'm just thinking I can't get out of here quick enough now I started packing come down through the kitchen where she was and was attacked with a big hug and she even tried to kiss me Holly! I pushed her away gently tried to be nice to her knowing I'll be out of there in about 15 mind soon as my wife comes down but I was so grossed out. So that's my story so that you understand why I rated it so badly. She wasn't professional at all nor did she show any respect for my wife and son there or for her self. I considered her to have little morals or character. BTW did I mention I got the idea she's a drunk as well she had men or men and women there each night drinking. My wife and I felt sorry for her boyfriend or male friend knowing several times she would leave him on the couch to come find me outside of the kitchen to come flirt heavily and about beg me to come drink with them when many times my wife and I told her we do not drink. Men it does not matter if your married or even there with your wife and children this drunken grandma is going to chase you till you have bad dreams from it. It didn't even matter that my wife even models and I'm in my 20's while she is clairly in her 60's all witch made is so easily for my wife to find the humor in it but I sure didn't!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Mikelisajohns
mslaughter, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
What is sad is that I hope everyone who comes here will have a wonderful experience, and tell others. This review is hurtful.

Mike was here and talking about being from Montana and not enjoying the conjestion of traffic in the Hampton, Newport News area. He told about his military career and then working at the shipyard as an electrician and working in fiber optics. At breakfast he talked about being out of work. His wife Lisa loved the area and expressed that if there were a job available for him she would be willing to move here. I told them about a large business in the area and asked would he be interested.

With his approval I invited someone from the company to meet him and then set up an interview for him. After the interview and upon leaving, his wife stated that he really didn't want a job and hadn't worked since they were married.

Running a Bed & Breakfast is a lot of hard work, the rest of the review doesn't merit comment; it, of course, is meant to only do damage. I wish you both well.
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is a lovely B&B, beautifully landscaped by the innkeeper with flowers everywhere, comfortable rooms, and superb breakfasts. The innkeeper, Marguerite, is delightful. She is energetic and knows the area extremely well. She is quick to offer guidance on area seafood restaurants, attractions, and events, and is a wonderful conversationalist who enjoys sharing your adventures. This B&B attracts interesting people who you'll enjoy meeting over breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MPBrazil
, Owner at Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
You had such interesting stories to tell, thank you for your kind words, and wonderful addition to the weekend. Please come again, Marguerite
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I took a two-night break from a busy road trip - 7 states in as many days - to relax between visiting my family to the south and his to the north. It couldn't have been better! The peace and quiet was wonderful & the location was great. We relaxed by the water shortly after arrival with wine glasses in hand. Dinner later at the Crab Shack was superb. Even if the local dining choices were plentiful, we still would have returned to that restaurant on the second night. Next day, we ventured out into "the little bay" in a B&B kayak - and even braved "the big bay" for a few moments (it was choppy!). Marguerite, the owner, is very nice and her breakfasts were delicious. She shared a recipe for Berry Torten ... I'll be making it this weekend. She also shared info. about her lovely gardens and the Menhaden industry (Reedville's lifeblood). We were charmed by Reedville - don't miss the boat museum. For this new-empty-nester-couple celebrating a wedding anniversary (a couple weeks early) it was the perfect place to stay!

Room Tip: Our upstairs room was spacious and beautifully appointed. Slept very well both nights!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I had the most relaxing time I have ever had at a B&B. The hostess and owner was so friendly and accomidation. I don't know what that other reviewer was talking about. She is the sweetest woman I ever done business with. Anything I needed was given to me before I even asked. This is the only place I would stay in this area. I will be back. Ps Peada the dog is as sweet as jar owner.

• Stayed July 2011
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This B & B is the embodiment of grace, charm, and Virginia hospitality. It is delightful - very charming, comfortable, and clean. The house itself is like stepping into a page of Southern Living magazine - beautifully decorated yet very comfortable. The bedroom was so romantic and the bed was comfortable; bathroom had hot water with great pressure (that doesn't always happen in a B & B). I loved playing the old Steinway baby grand in the large parlor - talk about being able to live the experience! The grounds are gorgeous; anyone who enjoys gardening will love it. The breakfasts were delicious - excellent food served by the innkeeper herself in a diningroom that could have been imported from Williamsurg, I loved the atmosphere, but I also appreciated the modern touches - WiFi and more TV channels than you could shake a stick at. The innkeeper is gracious, charming, and friendly without being overbearing. If I am ever back in the Reedville area, I will most definitely call for a reservation. Well worth the trip!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
N. Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My husband brought me here for our anniversary! I have always wanted to go to a bed and breakfast and this place exceeded my expectations.The landscape is breath taking and very well kept up. It sits right on the water, we would sit out on the chairs by the lake at night and in the morning, there are also kayaks and a canoe to take out. The inside was beautifully decorated, and the host couldn't be better! She is so friendly, helpful, and a good cook!
We had a great time going around to the different wineries that were in the area!
A truly great getaway!

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedville
Island Inn and Suites
#1 of 1 in Irvington
The Tides Inn
The Tides Inn
#1 of 1 in Irvington

Been to Fleeton Fields Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!