Inn at Kelly's Ford
US$70
US$136
US$130
Priceline
Best Western Culpeper Inn(Culpeper)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$128
US$125
US$144
Hampton.com
All reviewsthe main dining roompeaceful visitprivate deckrooms are gorgeousgreat getawaywonderful weekendhot breakfastgeneral's quarterscottagefireplace
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had heard from friends that the tavern menu offerings had gone down hill since last Spring so we decided to give a go...
I can't agree, we had very good Pub Burgers with fries and the service was very good....
They were very busy, but the wait staff did a very good job of keeping us happy.

This is a very good spot for an early dinner or late lunch--good food,,good beer and a friendly staff--no reason not to visit.

Room Tip: We live 20 miles from Kelly's Ford so we only eat there......very good food and service...highly recommended for the view,,,the friendly wait staff.. and of course the food.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My partner and I purchased the living social deal. What a terrific value it was. All of the staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a delicious dinner in the main dining room, as well as dinner the second night in the Pelham Pub. Nice variety of food to choose from. We stayed in the General Grant Cottage and it was perfect, very nicely appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable. Now I have to talk about the views. Absolutely breathtaking. I want to come back in the fall when all the trees are turning colors. The horses - if I had a horse, this is where it would live. They were all in the best condition I've ever seen. The grounds were very clean. We walked anywhere they would let us, workers would stop and say hello, answer any questions we had, give us directions when we needed it. Our stay was exactly what I needed it to be - peaceful and rejuvenating.

Room Tip: All of the cottages are extremely spacious - 860+ square feet. King Sized Bed and a pull out queen sleeper sofa.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I purchased a living social deal for a 2 night stay. We stayed in the General Jackson cottage. The room was massive with a soaking jetted tub for two. It also had a wood burning fireplace and a king size bed which was very comfortable. We woke up every morning to a view of horses out to pasture and rolling green hills. Since this is a bed and breakfast I would also like to comment on the food. The breakfast menu had a variety of entrees including eggs Benedict, French toast, omelets, etc. the only tip I have is to book your activity early we didn't have the opportunity to do an activity because we tried to book it when we arrived. Make sure to book it prior to arriving. Also, go on a stroll down by the river you will come across the properties hidden gardens. Absolutely beautiful!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tanis8813
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I booked a one night stay and dinner for our 32nd anniversary, having stayed at the Inn several years ago.
After a little mix-up on reservations and confirmation, we arrived late afternoon and checked into one of the Inn's two main house rooms (we haven't tried the other, larger accommodations.)
We went down to the first floor pub, sitting outside on the terrace overlooking 500 acres of green pastures (complete with horses grazing,) woods, streams and ponds. The drinks were fine, the service good... but sitting there with the sun having just set, looking across that gorgeous panorama with the green hills in the background was almost worth the entire stay; it's difficult to describe except to say that it takes my breath away.
The room, called a "suite" but a single area and bath, was beautifully appointed in civil war decorations. Outside, on the house roof, was a private balcony with umbrella-table and chairs from which we could view the same panorama I described above. The room comes with a complete breakfast served in the restaurant or room, and we chose the room so that we could enjoy the morning light from the balcony.
Dinner in the main dining room is pleasant, again decorated in civil war motif, and the food was excellent if slightly on the high (but not out of sight) side pricewise. After dinner, we repaired to the pub and found Karaoke night in progress. We didn;t participate but enjoyed watching the locals hold forth.
Can't say that the Inn's business side is an overly tight ship, but the few small errors were quickly remedied by staff that appeared genuinely concerned and eager to help.
If you are horse people, the Inn's has trail rides, and lessons in a huge equestrian center: my wife bought me [a good but out of practice horseman] an escorted ride a few years back: fun and beautiful to ride the wilderness. The rental string appear to be all good animals without the standard "back to the stable" bad habits.

We'll return for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bschaeff
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I typically don't write reviews, but after reading through some less than stellar reviews I wanted to offer up my experience at KF. Having been to a number of B&B's in the northern VA area, including the Black Horse Inn and Blue Mountain Escape, I enjoyed Kelly's Ford the most because of their staff, scenery, and laid back atmosphere.

My now fiance booked one of the suites for our 1 year anniversary stay. We arrived a bit after check-in, around 9:00PM and the front desk girl was very accommodating and let us place our breakfast order for the next morning. When we arrived in our room, it was clean with a rustic country feel with a beautiful view (from what I could see in the dark) and a fireplace. I didn't see any wood, so I called down to the front desk and the girl let us know she would have some brought up (we were on the 2nd floor). A few minutes later we heard a knock and it was the same girl carrying a bunch of firewood-an impressive feat as she was on the smaller side. This positive, going out of the way attitude continued throughout our weekend stay.

We used the Jacuzzi tubs without any issues (I saw one reviewer blame her infection on the tub's jets, odd that they both most likely used the tub, but only she got an infection?) But I digress, we enjoyed a hot breakfast that was brought to our room and laid out nicely on our private deck overlooking the rolling fields (absolutely stunning!). We wondered the property and were quite smitten as it is a gorgeous setting with abundant wildlife, waterways and walking/horse trails. We also enjoyed a scrumptious lunch and they were very accommodating of my food allergies. Our server brought out the chef to double check my entree preparation.

Overall it is a bit pricey for the area, but if you're from the city and looking for a quiet escape, KF is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: The suites are great-very private and large.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple