“Great ice cream”
Review of Moo Thru

Moo Thru
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Remington
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Moo Thru has great ice cream -- they only use cream from Holstein cows owned by member farmers. The quality of the ice cream is excellent - rich and smooth,and the flavors are strong and clean. The fruit flavors taste just like the fruit -- I've tried peach, banana, orange, blakberry, and non-fruit flavors like dark chocolate and cookies and cream.

We live in the Washington DC area, about 45 miles away, and look for excuses to drive through Remington so we can stop at Moo Thru.

The cones are great value. A small is $3.25 and give you two giant scoops, either of which is larger than the "large" servings we get at so-called gelato places in the DC areas for $7. You can but a pint for $4. The waffle cones are really good.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

All the flavors so far I have had from there (been there twice) have been excellent. We asked for a bowl with waffle cones on top. Which I found quite enjoyable. I would go back again. We were passing through and heard about this place from friends. Best places are found this way (other than TripAdvisor). I liked the chocolate and the mounds the best.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

You can absolutely taste the quality of the locally sourced ingredients. Sweet Cream, Chocolate, and Cookies and Cream were simply delicious.

Out of the way but worth a trip if you're ever in the Bristow/Catlett area.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I were driving back from Orange, VA and saw Moo Thru along the side of the road and decided to give it a try. We were especialy intrigued by the sign saying it was made from local farms. Very glad we stopped. Excellent, very creamy, very tasty product. I had coffee and snix (snickers ice cream), and my wife had snix and ginger snap. Both got top marks. The people behind the counter were friendly and patient, even with a pretty good sized line of people. We will definitiely go back.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stopped on the drive back from Charlottesville. It's worth the short wait. The line moves quickly. The scoops are generous and there are a couple great unique flavors like gingersnap, pumpkin and apple pie -- and don't miss the sweet cream! Bathroom is average, but a nice touch for a road trip stop.