“Average at Best” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Boulder, Colorado
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed there for three nights in April 2014. Unfriendly breakfast and front desk service. Hotels lacks warmth. I have no desire to stay there again in the future. A friendly service could go a long way. Maybe too much to ask in the corporate world.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Bernard A,
I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding your visit to the Westin Reston Heights. It is my expectation that the hotel provide a high level of consistent service to allow our guests to be at their best while traveling including our loyal guest as you are. A friendly service staff and a comfortable atmosphere are a hotel basics and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I can assure you that this level of service is not a common practice. Please contact us the next time you are in the Reston area, I would like the opportunity to prove this is true.
Once again I truly apologize for this experience and we will definitely be addressing the deficiencies that you experienced.

Be well,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin in Reston Heights. This was my third time at this location. This is a fairly new property so the interior still looks new and modern, despite being several years old. The location is convenient as it is less than 5 minutes from the Dulles Toll road (Reston Parkway) exit. Considering the Hyatt at Reston Town center commands much higher room rate, i think this Westin is a bargain. One drawback of this hotel is that there is only one restaurant. If you are staying here for more than 2 days, the menu can get old. The gym and pool meet your expectations as with any other Westin hotels. However, I found their service to be the weakest point. The staff here are less than well trained, in comparison with other Westin hotels. They are not particularly good with greeting clients, let alone recognizing frequent travelers such as SPG's elite members. During my recent stay, the hotel staff did nothing to ask me about my preferences at the time of check-in, nor do they even recognize my elite status. My check out experience was the same. They never asked me how my stay was. All they did was simply print out a bill and hand it over to me. The hotel has so much potential to be a real nice one, due to its modern facilities and good location, But the service does not meet even the Westin standard. So if you lower your expectations on their service, you will feel quite satisfied with the hotel and the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Brain R

I would like to thank you for providing us with the feedback about your recent stay at the Westin Reston Heights hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lapse in the customer service and giving that personal touch to make you feel welcomed during your check-in and throughout your stay with us. It is our goal to ensure that all, our guest receive the most comfortable and memorable stay at the Westin, and I apologizes we did not meet those expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have you on your next visit to Reston so we can ensure your expectations are met.

Be Well
Wellesley, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times as our office is 10 mins away. Very clean and modern hotel with great service. Great bar and restaurant Also food for large parties.

I have had a had a few occasions where I had a personal "thank you" note in the room, with a plate of cheese, crackers and olives. Very nice touch!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Tummyrope, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and great experiences while at the Westin. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the Vinifera Wine Bar and that you feel welcome by the thank you notes and amenities to show appreciation of your loyalty.

I will share this with the staff and we look forward to having you here again in the near future.

Safe Travels
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We got the room with a king size bed and balcony for a great price. The hotel looked very clean from what I can see, the bathroom is very big compared to other hotels. Shower was very clean and their shampoo, body wash, and conditioner smells soooo good. Free wifi available, and I saw there was an indoor pool and gym on the top floor. The only thing I was disappointed about is they don't offer complimentary breakfast, and I gave this review a VERY GOOD instead of an EXCELLENT because the refrigerator in our room wasn't working. Our stay was only for 3 days so we didn't complain about it. This hotel is about 30 mins from Washington DC (without traffic). There are plenty of eateries near by and even a shopping center. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Thank you for giving us your feedback we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that everything from our Westin Tea Scents to our many hotel amenities not only exceeded your expectations but that your expierence empowered you to recommend us to others. We look forward to having you here once more and to create another very enjoyable experience.

Safe travels
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Best hotel in the Reston area. Attentive and professional front desk staff, and the best hotel restaurant and bar in the area, although breakfast can be greatly improved with a buffet. Quiet rooms, despite tollway location. Clean and spacious rooms and a nicely renovated fitness center. Good wifi connectivity.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you Cinderella2014, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our staff was attentive and professional, we are also glad that your room was spacious and quiet.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

I will share this with the staff and we look forward to having you’re here again in the near future.
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a great location but the planes from Ohare are plainly heard in your room. If that bothers you, beware. The restaurant is like most hotels... overpriced. I ordered some soup and the bowl was scorching hot. Fresh out of the microwave I assume. It touted itself as a wine place with a sommelier. They had a wine preservation system. I asked the bar tender which cabs were in the system. Might as well have been speaking Greek. I think he was Russian. He said all the cabs are under the bar. I ordered a glass of Justin and paid $15 bucks and watched him just pull the cork off and pour. needless to say it tasted like a bottle opened the day before.

The insult was when I was in my room and wanted to order a bottle while watching a movie. I expect some mark up but this was ridiculous. A $15 bottle of cab was marked up to $80. I figure they have business people who just put it on the company tab or they figure some people wont know better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dingo21Illinois
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Dingo21Illinois,

I would like to thank you for providing us with the feedback about your recent stay at the Westin Reston Heights hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced with our restaurant and bar Vinifera. It is our goal to ensure the most comfortable and highest quality of service when staying at the Westin, and I apologizes we did not meet those expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

I would like to thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We hope to see you back soon.

Be Well
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great location, The hotel has transportation from Dulles Airport. A great location for a small meetings. You will be very surprised with the quality of Food at this hotel, creative and well done! Complements to the Culinary team. A very new Hotel and the staff supports the service levels. Well Done! thank you

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, 24 February 2014

Thank you for giving us your feedback we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our restaurant Vinifera and the level of service of our hotel has exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you here once more to once again create another very enjoyable experience.
Safe travels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#11 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!