“A quiet location in the area”

Sheraton Reston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
“A quiet location in the area”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I found the Sheraton Reston rather difficult to locate as it was a dark and rainy evening. My GPS seemed to take me in circles. Once located there was adequate parking just down from the entrance. Check in was smooth and the room was quite adequate. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. There appeared to be no outside restaurants close by so I had soup and salad in the small bar area and the service was fine. They have a fitness area on the ground floor which I used. I encountered no problems and would stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear TravelingFarmer V,

I am very glad to hear about your positive experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we thank you for the time you took to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to your return trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our overall experience was fantastic with the Reston Sheraton. My in laws reserved a space our rehearsal dinner in the restaurant upstairs. The food was great and the service was even better. Shana2, Manuel and Patricia were fantastic.

Ti Berri was the event planner who we contacted for our guests to stay at the hotel. She blocked some rooms for us and also helped my in laws with the rehearsal dinner.

When my husband and I checked into the hotel after the wedding, the young man at the desk upgraded us to a king suite for our honeymoon night. The room was great!! Just as Ti promised, a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries arrived as a congratulatory gesture because we got married.

The next day my husbands and I met my parents and cousin for breakfast, so we thought. We missed the breakfast buffet. The upstairs restaurant staff was fantastic again. Manual was our waiter and he talked to his manager, Patricia, I believe and we were able to order breakfast even though we missed the breakfast serving time. We were really appreciative of their kindness.

Overall we had an amazing experience with the Reston Sheraton. All of our guests loved the rooms and stated that the rooms were comfortable and wonderful!!!

Thanks Reston Sheraton.....You are the Best!!!

Jimece S.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jimece,

Thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are so glad we could be a part of such a memorable weekend. It was a pleasure to treat you and all of your guests, we truly do appreciate your loyalty and cannot wait to welcome you back.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel one night for a business meeting. That means that I did not get to use many of the facilities. The room I had was newly renovated -- there was still the smell of new carpet in the air. The room was quiet and had a nice view. There were a few things that kept me from giving a higher rating. There was duct tape used to seal the window and a few other things that did not seem quite done.

On the other hand, there is a convenient shuttle to the Reston city center and they provide a quick pick-up of you call for one. I would stay again if in the area, although it is not quite as convenient as the Hyatt.

Room Tip: I was in a North facing room on a high floor. The room was quiet with a nice view. It was also new...
Dear MercuryChase,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am pleased to hear that your stay was a success and that we were able to accommodate your needs. I will certainly present your feedback to all departments to share your experience with our team.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 23 November 2013

For a hotel that "just" (within the last few months) had its rooms removated I have to say I was quite disappointed when I checked into my room at this hotel. I was staying on the 6th floor ('club' floor) and if that is what an "upgraded" club floor level room looks like I don't really want to experience anything below that.
A 32" LCD is really small these days. There was no fridge in the room. Again, for a club floor room I would have expected more.
The club lounge was closed - still due to the ongoing renovation (I was there in June and the club lounge was closed). Now all you get is a voucher for a free appetizer in the restaurant. That is not the same as having club lounge access.
On Thursday the due to a water pipe break in one of the ball rooms the whole hotel was without water in the early morning hours. You would think the hotel offers something without you having to point it out first.

Room Tip: On the club floor stay away - far, far away from the elevators. You are going to hear them when the...
Dear Stefan O,

Thank you so much for providing us with such valuable feedback. I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay with us. The club lounge will re-open in February with a lot of upgrades including a larger television. During the closure we are offering Breakfast and Appetizers in place of lounge service. We would love to welcome you back to show you an improved experience.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Upon arriving I was a bit nervous because my stay involved a sleep study. The clerk at the desk (Monica) cured those fears with excellent service and knowledge on the situation. I was also awarded a complimentary breakfast (awesome buffet) and she checked me out in the morning inquiring about my night with a warm smile...

• Stayed November 2013
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear JRobinson14,

I appreciated you taking the time to provide us with positive feedback. It is always a pleasure to host sleep study group. Come back see us again.
Elkins, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our family stayed at this Sheraton for a weekend at the end of October. All aspects of the stay were better than expected. Two of the front desk staff went well above and beyond the expected service in order to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Monica and Jessie are two outstanding individuals. They are both a perfect example of what customer service is all about.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Richard H,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am so glad our team was able to accommodate your needs during your stay. I will certainly pass along your feedback to our team to let them know what a great job they are doing. We cannot wait to welcome you back.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Coming back to the Sheraton is nice...coming back to this Sheraton is especially nice. Been coming here for yrs and its great when you see the staff that are still here and know you and know what you like.

Of All the Sheratons that I have been too this one by far has the fastest Check in, check out. I love recieiving my bill via email. Dont have to carry it and it's great in case I loss paper because of my trips.

Did I mention that the bed is so comfortable that waking up is efforless as I feel like I sleep more than plenty even at 5 hrs...

Cant complain...they also offer a free shuttle to the airport nice....

Room Tip: An email stating how excited you are coming to this sheraton to the manager is not a bad idea...just...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt Regency Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#9 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!