“Just Fine for Business”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Calgary, Canada
“Just Fine for Business”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Attended a week long seminar and enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly, food was not terrible for a hotel. Room was clean and well equipped. If you planned to visit Reston town centre, you can take the free shuttle. It's not well positioned for tourists, and is out of the way of the restaurants and shopping.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Poppiesandchevre
Amine E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Poppiesandchevre,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about the Sheraton Reston hotel. I certainly appreciate the kind words about the friendliness of our staff and cleanliness of our newly renovated rooms. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay on so many levels. We hope we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thanks again. Sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband & I spend one night here since we missed our connecting flight from Washington to Charlotte. Our flight was rescheduled to leave the next morning at 8:00 a.m. and was given a complimentary pass to arrange overnight accommodations with Sheraton Reston at a discount rate. The shuttle picked us up at Dulles Airport and drove us to the hotel. The room was spacious, clean and so very comfortable after that long, non-stop flight from Munich, Germany. It was late...all we wanted to do was take a shower and get to bed since we had to get up early to make our 8 a.m flight home. The shuttle took us back to the airport.
The only problem was that it took 15-20 minutes at the front desk for the lady clerk with help from our shuttle driver to refund my $50 cash deposit. Had it not been for this problem...we might have made the earlier shuttle departure. Shuttle leaves every half hour.

Green Features: Front desk services need to move faster. Took way too long to checkout when receiving cash back!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts about the Sheraton Reston . We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel, and you had a good night rest on our Sweet Sleeper Bed. I did share your comment concerning the Check-out duration with the rest of my team. Please accept our apologies and we hope we will have an opportunity to be of service again when you are around the area. Thank you
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I just spend à week at the Sheraton Reston during à business trip and it was just great. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and quiet. The shuttle is convenient run back and forth every 20 minutes bête en the hotel and the centre-ville. Special thanks to Miriam and Patrick for their support.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Amine E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you JohanneBou for giving us your feedback about the Sheraton Reston, as it is very significant to us. We are enormously delighted to hear that our staff was attentive and supportive. We are also glad that our Shuttle services met your expectations .Thank you once again for your feedback and see you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had a wonderful experience when I was here on a business trip in Washington D.C. Location is wonderful, room was nice. Customer Service was excellent, especially with the help I had recieved from Miriam.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Daniel P,

Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback. I’m thrilled that you had a good experience. Please come visit us again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Recently stayed here for a business trip and I had a very mixed experience. Read to the end of this review if you'd like to hear what I observed between employees.

On one hand, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Furnishings, paint, etc., all seem in good shape and even newer in some cases, but it doesn't take very long before you discover what seems to be symptomatic of the entire facility. Hot water was inconsistent, the shower faucet didn't adjust well, the shower curtain rod was loose, and the toilet doesn't flush properly. There was no ventilation in the shower area and the room very quickly filled with steam, etc. Wood trim was cracking under new paint. Windows were old and don't seal well, and the noise from outside is pretty loud. The Starwood Club was shut down (apparently they applied for a building permit; it was denied, and they have reapplied) and amenities for Starwood Preferred members are pretty limited. You get the idea.

On the positive side, the hotel is convenient to Dulles airport and local businesses in Reston. Room service prices were normal, service was quick, and quality was fine. Check-in was efficient and the reception staff seemed to want to help.

While many workers were professional, I observed several occasions where there was a disagreement between reception desk staff and other hotel workers--completely unprofessional in my opinion. Topics ranged from availability of the shuttle (the driver didn't want to make a trip for only two people), a lack of supplies in the snack shop (the front desk manager was unable to procure basic items), and another discussion in Spanish between a reception desk worker and another employee, which I didn't understand. There were also very loud phone conversations in the lobby between the shuttle driver (who clearly was unhappy about having to take only two people to the airport) and another hotel employee. It appeared to me that the male workers had little respect for the female workers, because they talked down to them and were unwilling to follow instructions given by the reception desk workers.

In the restaurant, I had a similar experience. It was difficult to get assistance after the initial food order. I was completely ignored in my request for beverage refills. It was thanks only to an understanding busboy that I got any help at all.

It appears to me that there is not a clear line of command in this hotel. The management should be sure that all hotel workers are on the same page and clear up lines of communication and responsibility between the reception desk and other workers. There should be training on respect for individual, especially in the area of gender. I recognize that people come from different cultural backgrounds, but there is no place for women to be put down either in the workplace or at home. (Please note that I am a male.)

I hope that the management gives some serious consideration to what I observed. Perhaps what I saw during my three days there was not the norm. I think this hotel could be a good property, but there is substantial room for improvement. I've stayed in three different hotels in the Reston/Chantilly area and this is by far the least favorable for me.

Dear Musician47,

Your feedback is much appreciated. Our priority as a diverse hotel is to strive to deliver effective communication among staff and guest. We are continuous learning and improving to better as a collective team. I hope to welcome you back to see the improvement.

pittsburgh
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Booked my room through ParkSleepFly at an unbelievably good rate that included 14 days of free parking. (the hotel stay was much less than the cost of airport parking). Shuttles run every half hour and it takes 15 minutes to get to the airport. On return go to 2H pickup location. Hotel is very nice and has a nice bar/restaurant area. Starbucks coffee in the in room coffee maker.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear techmgr1,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I’m glad you had a good experience at the Sheraton Reston. I look forward to having you back for any of your travel arrangements.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I usually stay at this hotel for my business trip to Reston. Location is very convenient and I do not need to rent a car to go to the office or city center. The service at the reception is very pleasant and effcient. Special thanks to Sara.

Dear Didier D,

I thank you for taking the time to provide us with the valuable feedback. It was a pleasure to be your host. Please come back and see us soon.

Guest Relation Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt Regency Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#10 of 20 in Herndon

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!