“Poor service and run down hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Reston Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Los Angeles
“Poor service and run down hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I just got the impression that the staff didn't care, AT ALL. The staff was uninterested. For example, I asked for a room that wasn't too close to the elevator. The manager gave me a room directly across from the elevator. Found a beer can in my room, the elevators were filthy, and full on construction was going on everyday next to my room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob6104
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Bob6104,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. I am disappointed that you did not get the Sheraton experience during your stay. I encourage you to contact me direct so that I may remedy the incident for you. I look forward to connecting with you and see you next time.

Guest Relation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The Sheraton - Reston, Va. seemed promising upon check-in. The room looked updated and the bed was comfortable as is the case with most Sheratons. However when my colleague and I walked into the bar and smelled "bad fish", we walked across the parking lot to The Westin for dinner. Upon returning to my hotel room, I noticed my bathroom was not very clean and later the next morning notices how the shower had drainage problems. After bragging to my colleague about the 90+ wines they served at happy hour as mentioned in marketing materials throughout the hotel, I felt like a simpleton when the bartender informed me that the 90+ wine program was no more. I rallied with a Guinness draft. All in all, a 3 star experience with negative momentum.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Bryan444
Dear Bryan444,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I apologize for the falsely ad display in the hotel. Our staff gave you three comp drinks for the issue. If you are still not satisfied and feel that we need to further settle the issue, please contact me direct. I’ll be waiting to connect with you. We will share your additional concerns with each department accordingly. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding 2 weeks ago. I was impressed with the customer service. The hotel's free shuttle was great for transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the city center. The free breakfast buffet had a lot of options. Rooms were spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear CrystalP,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such kind remarks regarding your recent stay. I’m pleased that we've delivered the Sheraton experience during your stay. Yes, the weekend here is great, not as crowded and there is a wide selection of attractions nearby. We look forward for your next stay.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Attended a week long seminar and enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly, food was not terrible for a hotel. Room was clean and well equipped. If you planned to visit Reston town centre, you can take the free shuttle. It's not well positioned for tourists, and is out of the way of the restaurants and shopping.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Poppiesandchevre
Amine E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Poppiesandchevre,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about the Sheraton Reston hotel. I certainly appreciate the kind words about the friendliness of our staff and cleanliness of our newly renovated rooms. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay on so many levels. We hope we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thanks again. Sincerely,
Kernersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband & I spend one night here since we missed our connecting flight from Washington to Charlotte. Our flight was rescheduled to leave the next morning at 8:00 a.m. and was given a complimentary pass to arrange overnight accommodations with Sheraton Reston at a discount rate. The shuttle picked us up at Dulles Airport and drove us to the hotel. The room was spacious, clean and so very comfortable after that long, non-stop flight from Munich, Germany. It was late...all we wanted to do was take a shower and get to bed since we had to get up early to make our 8 a.m flight home. The shuttle took us back to the airport.
The only problem was that it took 15-20 minutes at the front desk for the lady clerk with help from our shuttle driver to refund my $50 cash deposit. Had it not been for this problem...we might have made the earlier shuttle departure. Shuttle leaves every half hour.

Green Features: Front desk services need to move faster. Took way too long to checkout when receiving cash back!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts about the Sheraton Reston . We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel, and you had a good night rest on our Sweet Sleeper Bed. I did share your comment concerning the Check-out duration with the rest of my team. Please accept our apologies and we hope we will have an opportunity to be of service again when you are around the area. Thank you
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I just spend à week at the Sheraton Reston during à business trip and it was just great. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and quiet. The shuttle is convenient run back and forth every 20 minutes bête en the hotel and the centre-ville. Special thanks to Miriam and Patrick for their support.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amine E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you JohanneBou for giving us your feedback about the Sheraton Reston, as it is very significant to us. We are enormously delighted to hear that our staff was attentive and supportive. We are also glad that our Shuttle services met your expectations .Thank you once again for your feedback and see you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had a wonderful experience when I was here on a business trip in Washington D.C. Location is wonderful, room was nice. Customer Service was excellent, especially with the help I had recieved from Miriam.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Juilanne S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Daniel P,

Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback. I’m thrilled that you had a good experience. Please come visit us again.

Guest Relation Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt Regency Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#11 of 20 in Herndon
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!