“Solid dining experience”
Review of PassionFish

PassionFish
Reserve with OpenTable
PassionFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in Reston
Cross street: Explorer Street
Bristow
“Solid dining experience”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a business lunch there. The wait staff was really sharp and on top of the details, knowing the menu inside and out, and very friendly and professional. The food was delicious and everything was perfectly prepared--no flaws. We had clams, sushi rolls, fish of the day, and others, and it was all exquisite. The general manager stopped by to check on us and spent a little time talking with us--not too intrusive, but in a caring way. The restaurant decor is inviting and the tables are set far enough apart to allow for private conversation. All in all, a great dining experience. Go there if you want good seafood in Reston.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Seafood Around”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Located in the Reston Town Center among many good restaurants, Passionfish shines. Contemporary presentation of a wide selection of fresh seafood. Try the oysters and by all means, the sushi. Whether in the main dining area or the bar, these tasty sushi rolls really go well. Our server at our last visit was not A+ but certainly did not detract from the meal. Worth a visit!

1 Thank CarpeDiem45
Reston
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. The service was very good and appropriately attentive.

Visited April 2014
Arlington, TX
“Very Good Food; But Not Inexpensive”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Went with a friend on a Monday night. We didn't have a reservation but they were able to accommodate us. The maître d' was a little bit snooty but our waitress was great.
I had a shrimp cocktail, sushi and fried clams. The shrimp were huge and firm. They were excellent. The sushi was wonderful as well. The clams were ok. They were a bit greasy and the breading didn't stay on very well.
My friend had the spring rolls and a steak. He said the spring rolls were some of the best he'd ever had and that his steak was excellent. (And it looked excellent as well.)
With no alcohol and with tip, the bill was ~$125.
I'd go there again for a special occasion I'd skip the clams (which is one of my favorite types of seafood).

1 Thank Mike S
Northern Virginia
“Special dinner at Passionfish”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed splurging on dinner at Passionfish recently. It’s a little pricy but high quality. We enjoyed the table bread with whitefish spread, and were offered seconds after we quickly used up all the spread. The char-grilled baby octopus appetizer sounded good to me, but my wife steered us to the Ipswich clams instead. They were good, lighly fried and well-drained with a few surprise fried pickle slices tossed in.

My wife enjoyed her large bowl of cioppino (seafood stew), and my mahi-mahi was good. My only criticism is that it came as two thin pieces, and it would have been moister if it had been a single thicker piece. (I didn’t complain.) Several types of caviar are available on the menu. We enjoyed sharing warm donut holes with coffee Bavarian cream for dessert, which our waiter said was their specialty.

They are located in the fashionable Reston Town Center. The décor is contemporary and simple. The dining room is large (two levels), and we were able to get a 7:30 Saturday night reservation at about 4 pm, but we may have been lucky, as they appeared booked solid when we got there.

It was my first time. My wife had been before and was eager to return. I’m sure we’ll go back once in a while for a special meal.

• Visited April 2014