“Tasty Food-Lots of Options”
Review of The Counter

The Counter
Ranked #19 of 150 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American
Stuttgart, Germany
“Tasty Food-Lots of Options”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Had a great lunch here. The menu is a bit overwhelming-lots of choices to make! But they offer some already put-together bowls and burgers, so we went with those and they were super tasty. The server was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The place was fine, but the music was loud. Definitely large portions.

• Visited November 2013

Herndon, Virginia
“Good for Burger”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I went with my friends first time.I never saw this type of restaurant especially for burgers.I liked it very much.And food is very delicious and worth for money.I have visited couple of times after that. Hospitality also very good.I will command to my friends and family friends.

Northern Virginia
“FOOD-okay, ATMOSPHERE-no”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Many eateries in Reston Town center close early on Sunday nights, but The counter isn't one of them. This was our first time here.
1. It was cold. We kept our jackets on and the drafts from the door penetrated the entire dining area.
2. It was noisy. We had to raise our voices to hear each other over the volume of the music.
3. I had to ask for forks. Really?
4. They have no warm beverages. None.
5. My beef burger was good, although somewhat under-cooked. The garlic aioli spread was lovely - subtle and it made a good dip, too.
6. I was still tasting the onion strings the next day.
7. The cole slaw was an interesting blend of flavors, but it was quite dry.
We probably won't return for $13 burgers.

Reston VA
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Tried this restaurant after hearing good things. We were not impressed. My veggie burger became mushy with the toppings and then tasteless. Interesting array of sauces but they do not marry well with the cheese selection. They make better salad dressings. Beef burger was undercooked but ok. Generally just not worth the extra money. Feels too industrial.

1 Thank Godguy
Denver, North Carolina
“Good Food & Casual Atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Had lunch and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The burgers are great and the toppings are varied and fun. The side salad is quite large and a good option if you want to limit carbs. The sweet potato fries are also tasty. With so many options, you can make it exactly your way.