“It is very good for a low budget hotel”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I thought the hotel was well maintained and clean for a low budget hotel.

The linens and fixtures were clean. We felt no need to find another place in the 4 nights we were there (we are kind of 4 star hotel types.)

The units have small kitchens with utensils for 2. The morning coffee offerings were terrible. We got ours at the Sunoco across the street until we got to the grocery store for supplies. If they say they have a continental breakfast, I don't think what we saw counts.

Ask about room location. All rooms open to the outside, some to the street and some to a court yard. There may be an elevator, but I do not think it is convenient to most 2nd floor rooms. there is no house keeping for stay under a week.

Room Tip: Get a court yard room, especially if you are on the first floor. Otherwise, you will have headlights...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert F
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Robert - Thank you for writing a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very cheap hotel rates for the Washington D.C. - Reston area. I like that they offer a fridge, microwave, a stovetop (no oven) and dishes as well as vending and laundry facilities. When you stay at Extended Stay America, you have more options and ammenities then what the other hotels in the area have to offer. I appreciate how easy it was to check into the hotel as well! Thank you very much Patrick for all your help! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen, our laundry facilities and our vending machines. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your quick check-in and our staff, especially Patrick. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here for little over two weeks. It's pretty close to Reston town center and Herndon. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I should mention their staff, especially Patrick is so helpful. I would recommend this place for your comfortable stay especially if you are in this area on work for short term stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

While this is not the Embassy Suites, you sometimes forget it isn't. From arrival till departure, you feel welcome at the EAS - Reston. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, location is conveniently next to Chick-fil-a, Chipotle, PotBelly, Subway, YMCA (Free pass are provided by EAS) and Target - all within 3 minutes distance. Also, if you work in Downtown Reston, you can save yourself the car rental expense, as you can walk using the trail right behind EAS, which takes you directly to Downtown Reston within 10 minutes walk (Depending on the weather, of course). For a longer stay, you can talk to the Hotel Manager, as they offer discounted prices for stays longer than 30 and 60 days. I can recommend EAS to everyone, who are visiting Reston.

Room Tip: 2nd floors are better, than less people walk by your room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient and your room to be clean. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff during your visit. I’m happy that we were able to provide you with a “home away from home” experience. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband, my pets and I have lived in this hotel for 5 months. Not that we had wanted or planned to do this (complex move from overseas), but Extended Stay has made this transition an excellent and welcoming experience for us. The rooms have been remodeled, have excellent kitchen and storage features, and the staff and housekeeping have been very professional and attentive.

While this is not a 5-star hotel, you get lots of amenities and great treatment for a great, low price for the DC area. While staying at the hotel, you have free access to the YMCA next door, convenient access to the Main commuting thoroughfares and airports, within walking distance to the restaurants and shops of Reston Town Center, and a "stone's throw" away from the W&OD Biking/Walking Trail.

I would definitely stay here again if the need arises, would highly recommend this hotel to others. I may also consider having all extended family members stay here during Holiday visits.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back and sides are quieter, and the rooms that face the courtyard are fairly quiet a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. We are so thrilled that you had a wonderful experience, especially since we strive to make our entire guests feel like our hotel is their "home away from home". Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I came to Reston to be with my daughter at the birth of her first child. She and her husband live in a small one-bedroom apartment, and for all our sanity, I chose to stay at a hotel. Extended Stay America had the lowest prices I saw for this long of a stay. I'd read other reviews from over a year ago, so was a bit hesitant, and looked at my room before signing for it. My room - 153 - had two full beds, a large bathroom, and a small but full size refrigerator, two burners, a microwave, a large clothes closet, and a shallow width closet with shelves that came in very handy for storing bathroom needs. Cupboards held minimal dishes - I bought some of my own utensils and large coffee mugs. My favorite thing, to my surprise, was the complimentary pass to the YMCA right next door, an excellent facility - I went for water aerobics many days, used the indoor track for walking. There was a Potbelly's restaurant, great for breakfast and lunch sandwiches, a Chipotle, great Mexican food, and a Chikfila, all within steps of my room, really. The Target was just across the street. I had a rental car, parking was great. I felt safe, the room was clean, the laundry facilities very useful. The breakfasts were just instant oatmeal, pre-wrapped muffins, granola bars, oranges and apples, but a great option on the run. My refrigerator didn't work well - not keeping things cold, but was replaced when I mentioned it, by a brand new one. Some room makeovers were being done while I was there, but they didn't bother me. The beds were firm and I slept well. People walking by talked a bit loud, but no real problem.
My granddaughter was born in a 12 inch blizzard, at the hospital less than 10 minutes away. All is well, and my daughter and her family are moving back to live near us. I doubt I'll be back in the area, but ESA proved to be the perfect place for my stay. THANK YOU!!

Room Tip: 153 was great for me alone - I had people stay a night or two, and it was a bit crowded. It says it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The staff members Patrick and Casie are amazingly friendly, very professional and really helpful. If I ever need a hotel in the area again, this would be my first choice. I couldn't ask for better hospitality, all my needs were met during my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I’m thrilled to learn that our friendly staff exceeded your expectations, especially Patrick and Casie. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Westin Reston Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
1 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!