“Not sure what happened”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We made reservations based on the reviews we read here on TripAdvisor. We paid online with our credit card and received a temporary CLC voucher. The clerk didn't know how to use the voucher. The process just to get our key took over 45 minutes.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Keala J

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a great place to stay, the rooms are clean and new looking. I think they were just remodeled so they look great. The staff here is really friendly and will do whatever they can to make your stay great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Typical motel-like facility with minimal amenities other than laundry & vending. Facility has obviously been recently renovated and it shows well. Grounds are well kept and parking was safe. Had a great corner room which meant it was very quiet. Location is EXCELLENT with several services within a very short walk (Chick-Fil-A, Carrabas, a bank, and other restaurants and shops).

Room was clean, furniture & carpet new, bedding was comfortable as was the mattress. Decent TV with cable. Kitchen was clean (Fridge and microwave were spotless and it looked like the dishes were brand new).

Bathroom was ok - sink looked like someone had spilled purple finger-nail polish - shower drained well and was one of the best shower heads I've had recently.

Breakfast was pretty minimal (coffee, instant oatmeal, granola bars, fruit, & hot tea).

Complementary wifi was usable but not for VPN or streaming video. You have to pay extra for that.

All in all it was ok for a business trip in a pinch and on a budget. I would consider staying here again if in the Reston area and also on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am a contractor, traveling for work and I require a quiet, clean, simple environment to be comfortable. I like to cook for myself once in a while and I don't want to worry about maid service if I want to sleep late or leave my stuff out. This hotel meets all of my needs without exception. The front desk staff (Ronald & Patrick) are always friendly and helpful. Any questions or concerns I have are address in a timely manner with complete positive resolutions.

When I moved in I needed help getting my large suitcases to my room, both Ronald and Patrick grabbed a bag and brought it to my room. When ever I need help, I just ask and one of them is there....Its like being at home with helpful neighbors.

My company has assigned me to another work location and I elected to commute the 45minutes rather than change hotels for the duration of the stay. The room is clean, the hotel is quiet, and closet is large, and the staff is professional and helpful. I don't need much more.

I posted this review because I use this site to evaluate this hotel and although I saw some bad reviews I decided to try it for myself. I am glad I did.. I am more comfortable here than I was at the Big Name hotel down the street.

Room Tip: Be clear about what you want and let them know.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I had an outstanding customer satisfaction experience here at my stay. Newly hired assistant manager Patrick took care of us and made sure our needs were met. He went out of his way to get us a comfortable room even though there were certain issues with our reservation. I recommend this hotel to everybody and would gladly choose this hotel again.

Thanks Patrick

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I must say that this was a good choice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Reston extended stay America.. I am very much looking forward to residing here again. The rooms are spacious very clean and cozy. The hotel is in a convenient location and close to several shops and restaurants.. They even give a complimentary pass to a fitness center, doesn't get any better than that. I was greeted by a gentleman named Patrick, he was very prompt in assisting me get checked in and even calls to assure that everything is ok... Outstanding hotel.... thanks Extended stay America (reston)

Room Tip: You will enjoy>
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Nicholas - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found your room to be spacious, clean and comfortable during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that our staff and our convenient location met your travel needs. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I thought the hotel was well maintained and clean for a low budget hotel.

The linens and fixtures were clean. We felt no need to find another place in the 4 nights we were there (we are kind of 4 star hotel types.)

The units have small kitchens with utensils for 2. The morning coffee offerings were terrible. We got ours at the Sunoco across the street until we got to the grocery store for supplies. If they say they have a continental breakfast, I don't think what we saw counts.

Ask about room location. All rooms open to the outside, some to the street and some to a court yard. There may be an elevator, but I do not think it is convenient to most 2nd floor rooms. there is no house keeping for stay under a week.

Room Tip: Get a court yard room, especially if you are on the first floor. Otherwise, you will have headlights...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert F
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Robert - Thank you for writing a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Hyatt Regency Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!