“Pricey but good”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mercury Fountain
Transit: Fairfax connector
Reviewed 4 March 2014

You wont be disappointed with Paolo's. It has a super location across for the Hyatt and ice rink. The dress is business casual. When the weather permits they have great outdoor seating. Super people watching place.

There are newer reviews for Paolo's Ristorante

Reviewed 9 February 2014

All I can say Is "Wow!" I am in IMPRESSED! Went to Reston Town Center to dine with friends & family and we decided to try Paolo's. We were shock by how amazingly fresh, well-prepared and flavorful the food was. Be sure to try the Short Rib Ragout (pronounced "Ragu") pasta. It was the best pasta ever. Also remarkable was the calamari fritti (with calamari and other assorted crispy-fried treats) and the Sweet Potato Agnolotti. Actually, there wasn't a single dish that we didn't think to be exceptionally delicious (and the three of us at the table were all discriminating foodies). The courteous and welcoming service staff went above and beyond to ensure our 100% success; the service was impeccable. I'll attach photos of the restaurant, our bill, and the menus. Hint: They have a special promotion on Sunday evenings. Try Paolo's Italian at Reston Town Center. Your tummy will thank you... even if you overwork it here!

2  Thank DogmaBites69
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've been a fan of Paolo's since they opened in Georgetown in the 80's. Great menu options - especially like the: Cayenne and Espresso steak salad: grilled steak/ roasted potatoes/ caramelized onions/ gorgonzola/ haricot verts/ portabella mushroom dressing/ dragon honey.

In the expanded Reston Town Center this restaurant is a little worn in comparison - but the location for outdoor dining by the fountain is ideal. (Actually have not sat inside in years - so perhaps they have updated.) Great for people watching and catching a glimpse of whatever event is happening on the larger town square across the road - St. Paddy's, Octoberfest,.... always something happening at Reston Town Center.

Read more about the Executive Chef - Steve Benincasa here: http://www.paolosristorante.com/reston/about.php

Reviewed 1 December 2013

They are known for their pizza, loved for their pasta, and enjoyed for their pizzaz. This is traditional Italian with California infused made cuisine with fresh local ingredients. They have a spectacular open kitchen indoors, but, the three of us opted to have lunch outside on this beautiful summer day.

Paolo’s Reston, is in the heart of the Reston Town Center (RTC). They opened in 1989 and quickly became known as the place to wine and dine for lunch.

The girls ordered two Grey Goose martini’s for $12.50 each. I had my usual margarita for $8. I ordered the carbonara for $9.50. The girls ordered the ½ seafood salad for $11 and the white pizza for $13. We all enjoyed our meals including the above average service. After a bottle of Placido Chianti and a Guinness draft we left with a bill of $111 less gratuities.

Matthew our server took well care of our table including a complimentary birthday tiramisu for my daughter.

I will return.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I live in the area and frequent Paolo's. I normally order the pastas, which are well made and very tasty. My last visit was typical, good service and good food. My favorite dish is the pappardelle bolognese. My other favorite is a special they offer periodically -- pasta with arrabiata sauce. Both are excellent! They have a nice outdoor area, where I try to sit if the weather is good.