“Another Trip Advisor Success”
Review of Cafesano

Cafesano
Ranked #3 of 151 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Cafesano serves Italian and Mediterranean food in an upscale quick-casual cafe environment located on Lake Thoreau in the South Lakes Village Center in Reston, Virginia. Our hours are from 11-9 daily. Enjoy our fresh and flavorful Appetizers, Panini, Wraps, Salads, Pizza and Kabobs. Kids Menu and Gluten Free Menu available. Vegetarian friendly menu. Nice variety and reasonably priced beer and wine. Our patio overlooks Lake Thoreau and there is ample parking. Cafesano. Tastes good! Feels good!
Sterling, VA
“Another Trip Advisor Success”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were just enjoying a drive exploring areas close to home that we had not been to and wanted a nibble. We found the perfect spot. The food was fresh and gourmet without being over the top and strange. We enjoyed the outdoor seating with the beautiful hanging baskets of flowers.

My husband, an expert on eating panini, found a delicious one and there were many others. I had a small fresh tomato and avocado salad with a spear of grilled shrimp. Terrific!

Only item we had that didn't pass the delicious test was the fresh lemonade.

• Visited August 2014
Paul S, Owner at Cafesano, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We're so glad to hear that you had a great experience with us and you and your husband enjoyed the panini as well as the tomato & avocado salad with grilled shrimp- great choices! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!

reston, va
“Signature Salad!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a counter service place that can get very crowded and then seating can be difficult. I go for one thing only--the Signature Salad. It has everything I love in a salad: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, artichokes, avocado, fresh mozzarella (no meat) with a nice slice of bread. I'm happy that they now offer a half-size but it is a bit overpriced for the reduced size. My only complaint is that the dressing for this salad can ocassionally be too heavy on the oil. My husband is a big fan of their Chicken Kabob Platter and my vegetarian son really likes the falafel and the hummus w pita.

North Richland Hills, Texas
“One of the best Paninis I've ever had!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I am a panini fanatic, and by far Cafesano's was one of my favorites! The atmosphere is very casual and deli-like, but the food is the furthest thing from low-quality. My grilled chicken pesto sandwich was thick and hot, with great seasoning on the chicken and a fantastic pesto. The chips on the side were homemade and equally as awesome.

My dining companions also had a variety of dishes - a meat pizza, kebobs, tatziki, etc, and none of them had anything but kind words to share. Will definitely want to go back to this place next time I'm in VA!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome Pizza at Cool Mediterranean Joint”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love this place for one thing: its awesome pizza. I get the equivalent of a meatlover's pizza, and they use real beef, sausage, and pepperoni. I don't know what they put in it, but it's very, very tasty. I think everything they make uses all natural ingredients. I recommend for a quick, tasty lunch.

Winchester, Virginia
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch at Cafesano yesterday. We chose this place because it was rated #1 in Reston on trip advisor. We were not impressed with the food. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't great either? I'm not sure why it's ranked so high. My husband had pizza and I had a portobello panini. The food wasn't bad, just not worthy of being ranked #1.

1 Thank MissC1234