“Arigato Ariake - tasty, fresh and efficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ariake Sushi

Ariake Sushi
Ranked #10 of 148 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reston, Virginia
“Arigato Ariake - tasty, fresh and efficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I'll try not to oversell this... it's good - but don't build up any incredible expectations (that will not be met).

A Japanese-flavored place that serves larger portions than most and rotates the waitstaff between courses and duties. It's nearby for me but this the first time I've gone in.

I had the Tempura Chicken and veggies appetizer followed by an entree of Ton Katsu - which is a pork schnitzel with a little shredded salad and dipping sauce on the side. Each was cooked perfectly and simply - waiting to add wasabi, teriyaki or soy sauce at the table.

While service was a little hit and miss, the food was really good.

The place was pretty full for a Tuesday night and there were even a few brave souls bearing the coll temperatures in the outside seating to enjoy the small waterfall there.

I'd go again... but a 20% price reduction would make that happen more often.

Bonus: Fried Ice Cream!

• Visited April 2014

McLean, Virginia
“Excellent sushi and bento box restaurant in Reston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a favorite for our company and I have eaten there at least 30 times - the service is friendly and fast and the sushi is good. The sushi combinations (#22b) and sushi bento boxes with Tempura (#6) are an excellent lunch deal at $10-15. The restaurant is nicely decorated and has an outdoor patio with a waterfall open when the weather is good. You will enjoy Ariake!

• Visited March 2014
Reston, Virginia
“Better AND Closer than DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

You do not need to venture into DC to get great Sushi. It's right here in Reston across from the Hunter's Woods shopping center. I can't believe I took so long to review this little gem. The restaurant itself is clean and bright. The staff is very friendly. The prices, in my opinion, are reasonable for quality sushi. The miso soup is very good and the salad is always nice and cold and crisp, the house dressing is lovely but of course never enough. LOL My husband and I have dined here many times as its close to our home, so I've sampled many of the yummy offerings. For me, the unagi shines supreme. It's delicious, buttery and the glaze is so tasty. Another of my staples is the Dragon Roll. It has the unagi I enjoy, along with shrimp and avocado. Getting hungry just writing about it. The spicy tuna is also delicious. Hubby loves to order the sashimi platter, and the bento boxes. Bing half janapnese, he is critical of any sushi restuarant, but he give Ariake two thumbs up every time. Well done Ariake. For a neighborhood restaurant it's a filling night out and Im glad it's in my neighborhood.

• Visited February 2014
Herndon, Virginia
“Popular, OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We arrived with no reservation on a Friday night and it was packed, but within 15 minutes we were seated. Service was fine and reasonably consistent. We ordered edamame, which quickly arrived but looked a little "off" (with white spots on it). It tasted as though it was old. I asked the waitress to take it back. She apologized and replaced it, and while the replacement edamame was somewhat improved from the first batch, it still wasn't great. The entrees were fine. My wife ordered shrimp tempura and I ordered beef teriyaki. There was a little bit of fat on some of the strips of otherwise quite tender, flavorful steak (which, with chopsticks, was a little difficult to remove) so I ate it fat and all and didn't make a fuss. The teriyaki sauce was good. It was served on a bed of white rice. Both portions were sizable and we both asked to have about 1/3 of our respective entrees boxed to bring home. It was good enough, and it's a nice, lively venue, but it's unlikely that we will return.

• Visited March 2014
United States
“Always great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

You'd never think this little gem of a sushi place was hidden off of Glade Drive in Reston, but it is amazing. The prices are very reasonable and the food is consistently top notch. The service is also great. Highly recommended over the other sushi restaurants in the area.

Visited July 2013