“We were very pleased”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ridgeway
Morehead City, North Carolina
“We were very pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We were leaving the coast of NC to get away from hurricane Irene. We needed somewhere that would take our little dog but not be too costly. We were pleasently surprised at how clean and well kept it is. definitely a good deal for the money. the manager--Kenny Patel--very nice. We will difinitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Midland Park, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Days Inn should be ashamed to put their name on this hotel. I chose it because it was next to the Martinsville speedway. I was surprised I got a room at the last minute, I now know why, the place was a dump, dirty, smelly. sink leaked shower leaked, a/c didn't work properly. Had to buy clorex wipes and air freshners to clean the room and air it out.Was afraid to put anything on the floor rug was gross!!.Has pre-paid because of the special event rate, $ 496.00 for 3 nites!!!Upon check out receipt was wrong and was charged $ 40 extra, tried to straighten it out and girl at desk said she couldn't do anything, she could have cared less,manager who would be in at 10am, this was at 8 am and we had a 9 hour drive ahead of us,The receipt was so messed up it didn't even have the correct dates on it, which she said she could not fix it.I told her I would dispute it with AMEX. There were no other hotels near the track that had rooms available so we were stuck and we had alot of money invested in tickets and in this dump.The free breakfast was so disgusting, It was shoved in a corner of the office and the hot water for tea was ice cold, the person watching over it was dirty, even the ice machine was dirty. We saw the staff running extension cords between rooms bacuse rooms were having power issues( can you say fire hazard)I can't believe this hotel could pass a health inspection.Would never stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
daysinn_martinsville, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Ridgeway Martinsville Area, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
This was a guest who clearly was upset for some reason other then our hotel. This guest was here for a special event. During that time and once a month every time the rooms are deep cleaned. That means the carpet is shampooed, bedspreads are washed, bathrooms are deep cleaned and everything dusted from top to bottom. Everything is in the best of shape for each guest at everytime. We have a head housekeeper that checks and rechecks each room everday for erorrs or something that may have been missed by our housekeeping staff. So please stop by and you be the judge, you are free to see a room before you deside.

Travellers are raving about these Ridgeway hotels

Portsmouth, va
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

This place cost us $55 for a room that came complete with a phone that doesn't work, a TV with a horrible picture, and an AC unit that was noisy and forgot how to cool long ago. The carpet smelled of mold, the wall paper was peeling, there was a ring around the tub, and you can hear the other guests. If you ask for a Non Smoking room it only means that no one will be smoking in your bed while you are staying in it. The light over the sink didn't work to hide the two "dead soldiers" of malt liquor in the trash can. My fiancee and I are traveling with our groomed and potty trained 4 year old lab which usually lands us in places a little less than mediocre but this was a down right slum. We agreed to pay an extra twenty dollars before we checked in with the clerk telling us it was for a deep cleaning because of the dog. The idea that we were the ones needing cleaning up after is despicable. I wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank ivtheforth
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

Checked in at around 4pm. The room we stayed in on the trip out was musty, designated non-smoking. We were on the second floor, room 145. The smoke detector had been disconnected from the wall and was hanging by a wire. The toilet leaked at the handle when you flushed it. The floor felt dirty. We had our two dogs with us. Paid $10 per night per dog. Fine. No problem with that. Swimming pool murky first day there. Ice machine not working. The following morning the office was locked up and we were unable to get in for breakfast until later that morning, 2 1/2 hours after the supposed breakfast was to start. No decaf coffee made. The wife, who is the morning desk clerk admitted to staying in bed because of allergies. Later on that morning let her dog come running at us off leash, barking all the way. She came and got her dog and took it back into her room, laughing as she did so. The air conditioner in the our room was very noisy. Had to have it on because of the heat. I didn't sleep very well that night.

On the trip back, was charged $20 per dog per night! The general manager considered my dogs big dogs. He has a jack russel terrier, and anything bigger than that is a big dog. The room we stayed in was on the first floor this time, room 135, non-smoking. The smoke detector was disengaged from the wall and hanging by a wire. Pool was clean, Ice machine working. Wife let loose her dog again at us, then came and took it back to her room. Attitude from general manager and wife very poor. General manager apologized for charging so much for our dogs, and gave me 2 free samples of toothpaste. I told him of how there was no breakfast until later the morning of the 19th. He said he had been out of town. Looked over at his wife and then she started to argue with me. I told her that if it is advertised breakfast is to be a certain time, that is when it is to be. I also requested of the general manager to have some decaf coffee for the next morning made. He said he would. He also told me that they don't always make decaf coffee because they end up throwing it out. The next morning there was decaf coffee made, but the decanter was locked, and the wife had to show my husband and I how to unlock it. She also muttered that it was made because I had complained it wasn't made the other day. My husband said that there is a difference between a request and a complaint. The pool was clean, you could see the bright yellow line painted on the cement below, and the ice machine was working. The towels were fresh and clean.
There is only one real bright spot to this adventure. The 3-11pm desk clerk. He was very, very cordial and effecient in his manner. Very courteous as well. Able to communicate very well. I wish I could say the same for the general manager and his wife. But, I cannot.
The housekeeper, an older man, was very quiet and kept to himself. He did his job then left.
This was our first trip using motels, and we will go back to camping from now on.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

Made reservation using Wyndham rewards pts. When we arrived was told they couldn't pull up our reservation in their computer so we couldn't use our points. But we could pay $59 for a room. Even with our printed confirmation they would still not honor the rewards. Manager was trying to get the pts and the cash for same room. Also pics on site do not reflect the dump this place is. We went to another hotel chain and had our points return to our acct by calling Days Inn customer service directly.

DO NOT STAY HERE for any reason!!!!!!

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
This was an problem that happen when the guest made their reservation online by themselves. This was nothing that happen with the hotel. The guest did not understand that it is policy that if you are using rewards pts you must make the reservation yourself. We can not give the free night at the hotel. All hotel response to reward pts this way. The guest was free to call and remake the reservation at the 1-800-number to see what the mistake was but the guest got upset and would not let the front desk staff help.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

Four of us arrived at this motel mid-afternoon; two went into the office to check in while the others remained in the car. I was never asked the number in the party. We went to dinner & when we returned the owner was in the parking lot & called the room to say I owed extra for 2 additional people. I advised I would pay at check-out. When I went to pay the next morning, the clerk at the desk quiet loudly asked me "Why did I lie". I asked what she was talking about & she said I lied when I checked in about the number in the party. I told her I didn't lie, as I was not asked. She continued to call me a liar in the presence of other motel guests; I was extremely embarassed & would never go to this motel again nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

If you like roaches and mildew and stinky dirty carpet, this is the place to be. If you like horrible customer service, this is the place to be. The room was the worst I have seen in my life. The hotel that is portrayed on the website is a far cry from what it really is. I asked the clerk, whom by the way couldnt speak english until I made her mad by telling her the room was a roach motel, then she spoke english just fine. I asked how could I collect my Wyndam Rewards. That stupid clerk said, "I do not know." LMAO. The Wyndam Group should be ashamed of themselves to even support this MILDEW, DIRTY CARPET, ROACHES IN THE BATHROOM, hotel. NORMAN BATES HOTEL WAS BETTER PROBABLY.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank FrequentTravelorGA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeway
Baymont Inn & Suites Martinsville
#3 of 3 in Eden
Comfort Inn Martinsville
Comfort Inn Martinsville
#2 of 6 in Martinsville

Been to Travelodge Ridgeway Martinsville Area? Share your experiences!