“VERY NICE”

Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Staff very nice met with the sales lady robin she is very nice and knows what she is doing also showed us the whole hotel which is first class rooms are large and have high ceiling bed is very well done and firm good pillows breakfast was very well priced and good service is excellent.m met several staff members and cleaning lady and the guy in charge of room cleaning very nice folks would tell everyone how nice they are .

Room Tip: all rooms are nice very large microwave frig. and flat screen tv. wifi is fast and does well top flo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Don O,

We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback.

I proudly shared your review with our entire team and we all are glad that you comfortably enjoyed your stay with us.

Look forward to your next visit.

Rohan Patel
AGM

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have to say that Kayla, Andy, Rohan and Kim went above and beyond to accommodate not only my stay but my 3 day business adventure at the hotel. I used their facilities to not only stay there but also to hold my managers meeting for my company. They not only ensured my stay was "Home Felt" but they made a business like trip into a vacation like experience.
You don't get that type of feeling from most hotels but they are the reason I continue to return every time to VA. Always greeted with a smile & "What Can I Do For You" Attitude !!
I stay in many hotels during the year and this one always makes me smile when I come to stay.
I am too in customer service & make sure my customers are #1 & am very impressed at these great people who represent your establishment !!
Thanks Again to ALL of you...I will be back EVERY TIME !!

Room Tip: They accommodate smokers !!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason H
PatelR158, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. Our number one priority is to ensure complete customer satisfaction. We look forward to you visiting the area and staying with us again soon.

Best Regards,
Ginger Stepp
Director of Sales

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We only spent one night while traveling. The front desk was helpful but it was a busy weekend with college graduation occurring. Very comfortable, clean room. Quiet and a nice view. It was a bit more expensive than we like but since most hotels were booked for graduation there were no deals available.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Most people seem to love this hotel, but I just didn't. I was in a -15 room and it was dark, in an inset part of the hallway. Every part of the hotel had a different, funky smell. The lobby was dank smelling, the hallway smelled like paint, the meeting rooms had an off odor as well. The bed linens were clean, but didn't smell fresh. the bed itself sat low on the floor and the mattress just felt old and tired. My mirror had spots, like someone had splashed soap at the top and the maid just couldn't reach to clean it.

On the plus side:
Good service. Had a fridge, microwave and sofa. Great water flow in the shower. And it must be inexpensive, because there were plenty of large groups yelling at each other in the hallway and slamming doors. They were in bed by ten pm, though, so it was quiet after that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Cassyt,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you were satisfied with the room you were given and its amenities.

I am sorry to hear that the quality of your stay was affected by the hallway's lighting condition and scent of the lobby area. I have forwarded your comments to our maintenance department to address these concerns.

I hope you give us a chance to host you again and provide you with the best hotel experience on your next visit.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 May 2014

checkin and check out were very easy. Staff was very gracious. The breakfast buffet was really good...especially the waffles, made right there with a short wait. The other food was fresh and the wait staff was helpful and efficient, especially STEVE was so gracious.

Room Tip: We've been there twice. Both rooms were fine!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our stay here was awesome from beginning to end and check in was just great could not have asked for a better Front Desk Representative than Kim she was very confident in doing her job and I liked that she didn't act like it was just a job. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Speechless Experience. This hotel deserves a big pat on back. From Check-In person to Manager everyone was just unbelievably friendly. Special Thanks to Mr. Patel for letting us switch room from Smoking to Non even though it was our fault. Not only were we switched without any issues but were treated like queens....our stuff was moved for us from old room to new one and we didn't event have to carry anything. Offer a TIP but was told to give a review instead if they like the service and hotel. Will come year for next tournament again.

Roanoke and Holiday Inn was fun.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends