“Great Stay at Holiday Inn - Tanglewood - ASA 16U Fastpitch Nationals”

Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our team had a great stay at this hotel last week during our visit to Virginia to participate in the 16UA ASA Nationals. The location was centrally located to the 3 fields we played at.

I would especially like to give Kim a big thank you for helping us out with our various requests on information related to restaurants, laundry and site seeing destinations close by.

All staff was very friendly and helpful during our week long stay at this hotel.

Parking was abundant. Room quality was as expected based on pricing.

Wifi was available in and out, due to the amount of people always using it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suba11
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Suba11,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during ASA tournaments. We look forwad hosting your team again next year.

I will produly share your review with Kim.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I got this room for a really good rate thru Hotwire. Never again!! The carpet leading to the room was filthy and stained, there was hair in the bed and all over the bathroom, there was toe nail clippings on the floor, etc. we had to complain first because they put use in a room with a king sized bed and a pull out sofa for 3 people. The mattress in the pull out was horrible. They moved us to a room with 2 beds then. That is where we found all the hair all over the bathroom floor and in the bed. We didn't notice in the bathroom at first so we complained about the hair in the bed and they changed the sheets. In the morning we noticed it all in the bathroom. YUCK!!! The pillows were like bricks...even the soft ones. The mattress was comfortable though. The staff was friendly and helped when they could but the hotel definately could be cleaned way better! I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: August 2014
PatelR158, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Samantha W,

I am saddened to hear that your stay with us was less than desirable. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you in terms of 2 beds instead of just one. When booking through a third party, they usually sell first available room types, and nothing is guaranteed. I will definitely pass this onto our head housekeeper, this is not a trend for us. I hope that you will take that into consideration if ever you should have the option to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a new to the area and going to be travelling for business on a regular basis. I will be staying here whenever I come to Roanoke. Kim, Jana, and April were very helpful and extremely professional. My room was immaculate and the service was awesome. I will be back often.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
PatelR158, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Bob B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with the world your experience at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you love it here just as much as we do! We take pride in having a great staff with smiling faces, and a will-do attitude. I am pleased that you will be staying with us more often. Stop by and talk with our sales team sometime. You'd be surprised what we can do for you!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've stayed here twice for the Mysticon convention. The hotel is what you expect for this price level and the staff really IS exceptionally friendly. However, I had a complaint because with all the hoopla over getting parking passes for your windshield, I was unable to park in the lot despite seeing many cars without the printed passes. So they didn't do anything to enforce it and at least one overnight guest (me) had to park in the overflow lot. I also do not understand why people rave about the food. I think it ranges from below average to utterly mediocre. I don't expect better at a hotel restaurant, but people who say it's awesome must have been living in the boondocks too long.Love the bartenders, though. They do a really good job despite not having the equipment a real bar would have.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Julie M,

Thank you for your candid feedback.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay during Mysticon. We are working very closely with Mysticon staff on making sure ample parking is available for hotel guest/s during Mysticon. We got lots of compliments during this past convention about how the parking was handled. Please accept our sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

We look forward to accommodate your lodging and parking needs for next year convention. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any concerns.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The staff is very nice. They were all very pleasant to deal with. The outside and lobby have been updated. The halls and rooms not so much.
Our room had dirty walls and the TV was so old and had faded so much it was hard to watch.
The bed linens were old and worn out.
I do not know by what standards they measure beds but our room featured to QUEEN beds. Well maybe if you pushed them together!
Again staff was great but other than that I would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eric1963
PatelR158, Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Eric1963,

We are so glad to hear that our customer service met your expectation.

We are in process of changing our remaining two double beds to queen beds and also have schedule the renovation of other public area soon.

I can assure you that your next stay will be more comfortable.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Kim at the Front Desk is the BEST! Great service! Always very attentive and cordial. I have stayed at this location many times and I am very pleased. I am a business traveler and stay in a hotel 150 nights a year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Ron M,

Along with Kim the entire team of Holiday Inn Tanglewood appreciate your feedback. We look forward serving you again during your next trip in Roanoke Va.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice lobby with excellent staff at the front desk. From there, the rest is average, at best. Clean room with a comfy bed. Only have two complaints about this hotel. The shower pressure was not much more than a trickle. Nice, hot water, just not powerful enough for my liking. Also, there's not continental breakfast. I stay in hotels quite often and this is the first that I was provided the opportunity to eat IF I chose to pay the additional $8.95 (+tip for the waitstaff). I think the hundred dollars I invested in a place to sleep should include the breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
PatelR158, Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear brettman,

We are glad you enjoyed our comfy bad and has pleasure to meet with our highly trained staff. I apologize for the mix up with room type.

We look forward to serve you again during your next trip.