I am going to upload photos to accompany these bullet points. Overall the hotel room was disgusting and unsafe. I was horrified and will never stay with Ramada again.
* The toilet was dirty and had spots all over both the tank and the lid. The spots were able to be wiped up with a wet a tissue, so these were not permanent marks and could have been cleaned very easily.
* Multiple "clean" towels were full of dried on, crusty brown dirt spots.
* The hotel had an in-room jacuzzi. We paid $150 for the room because of that. It was disgusting and they had no idea how to install or maintain one. The jacuzzi had messy, cracking, peeling dried caulk surrounding it, that was not applied by a professional and looked very bad. Above the jacuzzi was a cheap cork drop ceiling, which is not appropriate to place over a hot, steaming jacuzzi. That is not proper procedure. The steam and accompanying moisture rising from any jacuzzi will rise and rot, melt and ruin any drop ceiling. The drop ceiling above the jacuzzi is cracked, stained, dirty, bubbling out and the ceiling was falling in.
* The floors were littered with crumbs and a dried white substance. It looked as if no one had vacuumed in the corners or up to the walls in a long time.
* The mirror on the dresser had a large crack in it.
* The ceilings were stained and dirty.
* The florescent light fixture above the bathroom sink had dirt and stains on it.
Not only was the room filthy and falling apart, when I went to check out the next morning, there was one employee (a petite blonde woman) at the front desk. I noticed I was charged a $1.00 fee for the safe on my receipt. I was not made aware or asked if I would accept this charge before this point. There was no key in the safe in the room so even if I had wanted to use the safe (which I did not) the safe was unusable. I politely asked the woman at the front desk why I was charged this fee and she said "You agreed to this fee when you checked in." I was not asked about this, I was not informed, I did not request the use of the safe at any point. I told her I did not request this and I would like the fee removed. She rudely said "This is a standard fee all hotels charge." I have stayed in 3 Best Western and 2 Marriott hotels in the past 2 years and I have never been charged this fee. I informed her of this and told her that if you are going to charge someone for something, you need to give them the option to opt out. I also told her the room was filthy and she did not offer me any kind of discount or resolution. She refunded my $1.00 fee and as soon as I turned my back to walk away, my husband could still see her face, she rolled her eyes and shook her head at me.
I had to contact Ramada corporate 5 times and follow-up with/speak to 3 different people before they sent me a partial $100 refund, which took 3 weeks to arrive.
I purposefully stayed at this Ramada as a stop on a long driving trip because I have always trusted the Ramada name. I chose Ramada because I have always felt Ramada had high quality standards. I am no longer a Ramada customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Roanoke, Virginia is next to Rivers Edge Park & across Carillon Roanoke Memorial Hospital and conveniently located near the Roanoke River, Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Mill Mountain and Historic Downtown Roanoke. The Mill Mountain Zoo, Roanoke Star, Roanoke Civic Centre, Roanoke Farmers Market and Tanglewoood Mall are all within 2 miles of this Roanoke Ramada. This Hotel is now under complete new management and we have enhanced our Services and Amenities. Ramada offers Free Full Breakfast Buffet, Free High Speed Wireless Internet in every room, Fitness Center, Business Center(free), Outdoor Pool, Meeting and Conference Rooms, Banquet, Ball Rooms for Wedding and Reception. Ramada has 124 guest rooms including King Bed Room, Double Bed Room, Queen Room and Suites. Ramada also offers wheelchair accessible rooms, non smoking and smoking rooms. Small pets are allowed. Every room has free wireless internet, Satellite TV with HBO, Pay per view movies, Refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Hair Dryer, Iron & Ironing board and Air conditioner. At Ramada We have 2 Ballrooms, We can Customize them according to your requirement. Outside Food is allowed in Hotel. Outside Caterers are allowed at no extra Charge. Kitchen is also available at extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Roanoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn - River`s Edge Hotel Roanoke
- Ramada Inn Roanoke
- Ramada Inn Rivers Edge