Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Country Inn
US$185
US$166
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Civic Center(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
US$69
HIExpress.com
US$105
US$125
TripAdvisor
All reviewshollins universityroom was cleantypical hamptonoff the highwayindoor pooleasy accesscookieslong drivewould stay againoatmealcomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationone night staynice stayinnsduvetcollege
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I arrived at the hotel after a long day travelling and after a shower fell into the large comfortable bed where I had a very restful sleep.Despite the room facing the main road I slept like a baby!Perhaps my snoring drowned out any other noise??

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We accepted the only room available on our trip. The bathroom floor and shower area were filthy and the carpet in the suite was dirty. We complained to the management and they reduced our bill 50%. Room should have been fully refunded based on the conditions. We will continue to use Hampton Inns but not at this location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Tennessee for vacation. As a member of Hilton Honors, I am used to a certain standard of quality from Hampton Inns and this one is not up to it. The sink in our bathroom was cracked and the decor in the room (room 228) looked like it had seen better days. The room needs a complete make over. A traveler would be better off staying at another of the many hotels off I-81 in areas like Harrisonburg or Staunton which are nearby. We will pass on this Hampton Inn on our way back from Tennessee.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed at the HIR for one night for a business meeting. The hotel is conveniently located off the 81 and is in a quiet area. Check in was not a problem and staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was appropriately sized as well. Bed was comfortable for a good night's rest. The room was quiet and everything was functional in the room. While the hotel is a little older than some of its compatriots, I did not notice any dirty carpets or other evidence of dingy upkeep. Didnt use the fitness room or the pool.
The only issue that prevented me from giving a higher rating was, that there was cigarette smoke in the hallways on the 3rd floor, although I could not smell it in my room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am a loyal Hampton Inn customer, use it exclusively when I travel on business (2 weeks a month). This Hampton was old and dirty. I just couldn't get past the dirty, stained carpets. It appeared they hadn't been cleaned in a long, long time. The bed mattress was pretty bad as well. I was in a King Bed and one side was lower than the other, so I kept rolling to that side. It was just worn out and needed replacing. Free breakfast was the normal Hampton Inn stuff, which I do like. Fitness room was in good condition, but the TV's didn't work well in the Fitness room. I felt that I was in an old, run down hampton that either needs a complete upgrade or maybe they should just build a new one (like they are doing in most places). Won't stay here again, will try either the Hampton Inn in Salem, VA or the Doubletree in downtown Roanoke for future stays.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business