See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Wasn't planning on staying here until our car broke down as we were heading several hours away. There wasn't any rental cars avaliable due to the late evening so our tow truck driver took us here to this Super 8 next to his garage. The tow truck driver was extra nice and the Super 8 was extremely clean, huge rooms and the front desk was very helpful finding us taxi service. I would stay here again if ever in Roanoke VA. Very affordable and nicely renovated.

Room Tip: My room would equal 2 rooms in other hotels. Very big. Can't think of anything I would improve on.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2012

If there were a rating between "poor" and "average" that is how I would, honestly, rate this place. The only reason I gave it an "average" is because the staff was super nice and helpful, and it was clean. NO BED BUGS, either. That said, I barely slept because every footstep from the floor above reverberated throughout the room, and the people on the second floor partied hearty until two in the morning. Worse yet, the air conditioner was about the worst I have ever had in a motel. It kept shutting off, then whirred for 5 minutes before it came back on, then rattled loudly while it ran until it shut off again. I left here as tired as when I came in. The breakfast was OK, and, as I said, the staff were all great. Not their fault that the motel itself is not up to par. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I am surprised at the good reviews. I don't have high standards, but I feel like you can get a better value somewhere else. This place is VERY old. It looks like it hasn't been updated in decades and it definitely showed. Our room wasn't very clean either. The shower head was filthy. The breakfast was coffee, prepackaged cinnamon rolls, toast and cereal which is fine. The bed was comfortable, a/c worked and was quiet, but I think this place should be cheaper. I won't be back.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Donna M, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. I like to here the good and bad of about the motel, so I can work on the things that guest do not like and to be better at the the thing that they do like.

Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, and you felt like you got what you paid for. Not a five star hotel, but definitely worth the money. Staff was helpful and breakfast was adequate...continental. Staying again tonight on the way back from our road trip...will review again to update!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. I am glad that your stay was good and hope to see you on your way back from your next trip. We welcome any response that a guest can give us that will help us run a better business.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

All I can ask of a motel: clean, comfortable and quiet accommodations at a value price. The desk attendants are very personable. We really liked that the shower head was mounted high on the wall, as both my husband and I are tall. Wifi worked fine. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank novastorm19
Donna M, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post the review.We are glad we were able to meet you expectations. Hope to see you again when you are in the area.