See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The hallway smelled of stale smoke. There was a burned out lightbulb. The refrigerator was barely functioning. Still, it was better than the last Super 8 at which I stayed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Hi there I wanted to say thank you for your review on your stay at our hotel. I also want to let you know about a few changes that we have made at our facility. In our housekeeping department we have made a lot of changes which will now insure that your room and our hotel are up to our standers for our guests. Also we now have new management at our motel which is making a lot of updates both inside and out. If you are ever in our area again please give us another try. Thank you and have a good day.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

When my partner made the reservation at this Super 8 I asked if she was ready to be in that type atmosphere for our night's stay while traveling. She remarked "We only have to sleep there". But what a pleasant surprise this Super 8 was. Close to the Interstate for convenience, yet back from road enough to be quiet, the appearance from the outside was very nice. Front desk clerk very nice, and the room clean and well appointed. We were pleasantly surprised, and would stay at this one again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Upstairs probably quieter than first floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MatureTravelers778
Donna M, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for your review on my motel. We welcome all reviews good or bad, so we can continue to please our guests and to improve on things that we get from guest reviews. Hope to see you in the Ronoake, Va. area again staying at Super 8.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Wasn't planning on staying here until our car broke down as we were heading several hours away. There wasn't any rental cars avaliable due to the late evening so our tow truck driver took us here to this Super 8 next to his garage. The tow truck driver was extra nice and the Super 8 was extremely clean, huge rooms and the front desk was very helpful finding us taxi service. I would stay here again if ever in Roanoke VA. Very affordable and nicely renovated.

Room Tip: My room would equal 2 rooms in other hotels. Very big. Can't think of anything I would improve on.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2012

If there were a rating between "poor" and "average" that is how I would, honestly, rate this place. The only reason I gave it an "average" is because the staff was super nice and helpful, and it was clean. NO BED BUGS, either. That said, I barely slept because every footstep from the floor above reverberated throughout the room, and the people on the second floor partied hearty until two in the morning. Worse yet, the air conditioner was about the worst I have ever had in a motel. It kept shutting off, then whirred for 5 minutes before it came back on, then rattled loudly while it ran until it shut off again. I left here as tired as when I came in. The breakfast was OK, and, as I said, the staff were all great. Not their fault that the motel itself is not up to par. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I am surprised at the good reviews. I don't have high standards, but I feel like you can get a better value somewhere else. This place is VERY old. It looks like it hasn't been updated in decades and it definitely showed. Our room wasn't very clean either. The shower head was filthy. The breakfast was coffee, prepackaged cinnamon rolls, toast and cereal which is fine. The bed was comfortable, a/c worked and was quiet, but I think this place should be cheaper. I won't be back.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Donna M, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. I like to here the good and bad of about the motel, so I can work on the things that guest do not like and to be better at the the thing that they do like.