“Bad bad”
Review of Super 8 Roanoke VA

Super 8 Roanoke VA
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was bad for me and my kids we went there about 3:35 am because my lights went out and my home is all electric so no heat so we got there heat did not work good did not get hot in room at all the next morning nothing but cold air blowing out of the old wall heating and air unit . Then the wash clothes where dingy not white at all .then I found out they charge me three times the wrong price for my room and I stayed one night the rooms where 54 dollars a night I got charge 79 three time then when I tried to talk to manager he was very disrespectful he would not give me his name and hung up on me .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Daniela C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hi Julia Sorry about what you feel an experience at our property. Yes i did remember you checking at 3:45 am my front desk clerk wake me about your electricity issue i told him to honor only $20- charge instead of $54- and you mentioned staying next day for charge of $54- which you agreed. The heat works in entire property only think you didn't call back front desk clerk he would have told you to switch the knob on right direction instead of A/c. I apologize about house keeping issue the rag should not be left after cleaning the room on bath rod which they have been notified with warning.
Most important thing about your charge to your credit card 3 times i already send you an e-mail which shows only 1 time charged on your credit card for $54- your bank has freeze your account by other charges i can scan your Folio an put up here if you want to look at it properly. Matter of fact i did explain you its bank holding your money for 7-10 business days then they will release the money not property. I didn't hung up on you was trying to explain you sending the e-mail again meanwhile i went to computer i lost your phone call and i called you back. If you go to any Motel all Manager name are printed and hang up on wall to see who is on duty and also most important thing we have our business card on front desk so customer and client can contact us directly through phone or e-mail for any kind of issue. I hope you understand we don't hold customer money its bank who freeze the account !
Sorry once again and in future would like to see your business !

Reviewed 3 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have to stay in this hotel every week. Let's just start with every time we walk in the room it stinks. They don't change the sheets. One time we checked in and went to our rooms. I pulled the covers back to go to sleep and the sheets were covered in blood. And the comforter was stuck to the sheets. It took forever to get clean stuff. When I called the front desk and told them what the problem was I told him and he didn't understand so I told him to come look. It wasn't till almost midnight I got my bed changed and had to wake up at 4:30. The remotes don't work or the tv won't tell you what channel it's on plus lines a cross the screen. Seems like we can never get clean towels or linens. If I had the choice I wouldn't stay here. This place needs to be redone. Pillows are like flat concrete. And so much noise all night long.

• Stayed: February 2014

We apologize about your unpleasant stay at our property the housekeeper was fired since you pointed out room was not cleaned. About Tv we don't know until a customer point out the issue since you said we replaced that also. Yes since its a new change of ownership this year is our biggest project of changes which we are doing i hope you understand once you visit again by next year a whole new look will be seen in our property. Since you pointed out the mistake we are taking steps to make it better ! Hope we would look forward to see you in future with our new plans in place and take care of you better.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was really impressed at how kind the front desk was. I was denied at another hotel due to my dog being over 25lbs and even though my dog is 50 they welcomed him in (with a $10 extra fee) I was more than willing to pay the extra for him though. Traveling with my dog is important, hes like our second child. Good value for the price!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

I greatly appreciate your comment our front desk crew is highly motivated and warm welcoming to all the guest. Yes we are Pet friendly and keep our pet rooms separately from guest room and keep every day clean and also needed do deep cleaning on daily basis. Thanks for your wonderful stay at our property.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have to admit I had my reservations about staying at a Super 8 so I am thrilled to say my stay was wonderful. Everything worked as it should (water, heat, fridge, tv, remote control). Everything was clean. I slept very well in the bed and it was quiet. What more can you ask for from a hotel???

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Renee F, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you Lodeenie we appreciate your comments about our property and always like to see positive in customer service ! Our goal is to serve the best ..

Reviewed 1 January 2014