Super 8 Roanoke VA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswaffle house next doorroom was cleanpleasant staystayed here for one nightmarijuana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The room was unclean! There was crumbs and chocolate (Hopefully Chocolate) All Over both Beds in the room. It smelled very bad. The bathroom was very nasty and the towels looked dirty. When we left and was 500 miles away I realized they charged me twice on my debit card. I called to tell then and there was nothing they could do about it today but they sincerely apologize. We are now 10 hours from home and because of the extra charge we may run out of gas. Worst motel EVER and I normally like Super 8.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Dev87
Renee F, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

In regards to your stay with us it is unfortunate that you did not have a good experince. We do not want our guests to feel that they are not appreciated and we would never want to provide shabby service or rooms. It would have been our pleasure to provide you with a new room, new linens, towels or whatever else you may have needed to make this stay with us more enjoyable. If you ever return please notify a member of our staff of any problems so that we may take care of you.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was bad for me and my kids we went there about 3:35 am because my lights went out and my home is all electric so no heat so we got there heat did not work good did not get hot in room at all the next morning nothing but cold air blowing out of the old wall heating and air unit . Then the wash clothes where dingy not white at all .then I found out they charge me three times the wrong price for my room and I stayed one night the rooms where 54 dollars a night I got charge 79 three time then when I tried to talk to manager he was very disrespectful he would not give me his name and hung up on me .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Daniela C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hi Julia Sorry about what you feel an experience at our property. Yes i did remember you checking at 3:45 am my front desk clerk wake me about your electricity issue i told him to honor only $20- charge instead of $54- and you mentioned staying next day for charge of $54- which you agreed. The heat works in entire property only think you didn't call back front desk clerk he would have told you to switch the knob on right direction instead of A/c. I apologize about house keeping issue the rag should not be left after cleaning the room on bath rod which they have been notified with warning.
Most important thing about your charge to your credit card 3 times i already send you an e-mail which shows only 1 time charged on your credit card for $54- your bank has freeze your account by other charges i can scan your Folio an put up here if you want to look at it properly. Matter of fact i did explain you its bank holding your money for 7-10 business days then they will release the money not property. I didn't hung up on you was trying to explain you sending the e-mail again meanwhile i went to computer i lost your phone call and i called you back. If you go to any Motel all Manager name are printed and hang up on wall to see who is on duty and also most important thing we have our business card on front desk so customer and client can contact us directly through phone or e-mail for any kind of issue. I hope you understand we don't hold customer money its bank who freeze the account !
Sorry once again and in future would like to see your business !

Reviewed 3 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have to stay in this hotel every week. Let's just start with every time we walk in the room it stinks. They don't change the sheets. One time we checked in and went to our rooms. I pulled the covers back to go to sleep and the sheets were covered in blood. And the comforter was stuck to the sheets. It took forever to get clean stuff. When I called the front desk and told them what the problem was I told him and he didn't understand so I told him to come look. It wasn't till almost midnight I got my bed changed and had to wake up at 4:30. The remotes don't work or the tv won't tell you what channel it's on plus lines a cross the screen. Seems like we can never get clean towels or linens. If I had the choice I wouldn't stay here. This place needs to be redone. Pillows are like flat concrete. And so much noise all night long.

• Stayed: February 2014

We apologize about your unpleasant stay at our property the housekeeper was fired since you pointed out room was not cleaned. About Tv we don't know until a customer point out the issue since you said we replaced that also. Yes since its a new change of ownership this year is our biggest project of changes which we are doing i hope you understand once you visit again by next year a whole new look will be seen in our property. Since you pointed out the mistake we are taking steps to make it better ! Hope we would look forward to see you in future with our new plans in place and take care of you better.