“Ugh”

Airport Plaza Hotel
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This has to be, undoubtedly, the nastiest hotel I've ever stayed in. Hustled by a panhandler upon arrival, lobby smelled like a scummy pawn shop, the room looked like a crime scene. I slept atop a "bath towel" (aka rag) the whole night. Room smelled musty and like smoke. Bathroom had a leaky toilet. We cancelled our second night's reservation and booked the nearby Howard Johnson.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank M P

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I can't believe we payed the money to stay here to have to be my own maid changing my own beds and rented a rollaway...had to go back to office to get linens for that. None of the laundry is clean the law there all the time we were visited by them but had wrong room how rude. Elavators worked when they wanted them too. I will never stay here again...

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I would rather sleep in the snow. I took nfl ion at the room n I was gone...all the below reviews were TRUE stayfar far away........This hotel deserves no stars ... It needs to be shut down...,,,,,,,,,,!,,,,,,,

Room Tip: Look for a three star or higher...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Most staff members were rude, some were nice. The hotel had bugs roaches, spiders, bed bugs, and stink bugs. Some rooms didn't have a clock. Sometimes there was no one at the desk. Breakfast could have been better. Place is falling apart and should be shutdown. A health inspector should visit the place. It is filthy and disappointing. Pipe burst in a room and furnace caught on fire. People could rent rooms per hour. Manager walks in your room while your in it and is rude. They turn people away based on appearance.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank tellinthetruth2014
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is the worse hotel I have ever seen. We booked online. When we got there and saw the staff and visitors we were afraid for our life. Very shady!!! We got back in the car, locked the doors, and got out of there as fast as we could.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 204Sherri_P
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stay in your car! Horrible---Drug infested, bug infested, dirty! Would rather not sleep than stay at this dump. Cops were there on several occasions and we heard a lot of noise from several rooms with strange people coming in and out all night. They would have to pay me to come to this place again and a lot of money at that. They probably rent these atrocious rooms by the hour but I did not check on that. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank richard n
Reviewed 30 August 2013

There was no one at the counter when I checked in and the bell to ring was far out of reach so I had to yell "Hello?" The hallways were filthy and the walls disgusting.. There were bugs (I think cockroaches) in my room!! I can't believe this place is in business. It surely would not pass a health inspection!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com