“A Pleasurable Stay!”

Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Pleasurable Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

First off I would like to say that I am a die hard Marriott fan, I worked for Marriott in two positions over a 10 year span and stay with them although I am no longer an employee. I had tickets to a show in Roanoke and read the various reviews on tripadvisor and I decided to give Sheraton a shot although I have never stayed at the brand before. Boy am I sorry that this was my first stay in a Sheraton and I loved every minute of my stay. I love Marriott but Sheraton may steal me away :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear desy,
I was pleased to read we were able to convert a loyal Marriott fan to our property. And was also pleased to read we met all your expectations. I hope on your next visit to Roanoke, you will once again stay here at the Sheraton. Thank you for giving us a try.
Greg Hargrave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Enjoyed our 2 night stay April 2012.
The hotel is clean, pretty and has very nice grounds for walking and relaxing with large shady trees surrounding the property, including park benches and picnic tables. Lower level rooms have sliding glass doors that actually open for Fresh air.
Also has cute little bridge to walk across with fish below that you can pay 25 cents to feed them : )
Great place to stay and worth the $$

JD& Dlo..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Dio M,
Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor regarding your two night stay. We are very proud of our grounds, and continue with upgrades for a more park like setting. We find the lower level rooms with outside access to the grounds make great pet rooms, as it gives them easy access for dog walking.
I hope on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley, you will once again chose the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center as your place to stay.
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Wonderfully clean. The staff was very friendly. The indoor pool is a nice amenity after shopping all day. Close to Farmers Market in old town and the Taubaum Museum.

The beds were super comfy!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Virginiatrish,
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor concerning your stay here at the Sheraton. I am always pleased to hear when someone comments on how friendly the staff is. I also was happy to hear how much you enjoyed our indoor pool. For us, it's nice to have both an indoor and outdoor pool were one can decide depending on the weather. I hope that on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you will once again choose the Sheraton for your stay.
Lebanon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have been staying here over the last year at least once a month and sometimes twice a month. Every time I arrive I feel like I am home!! Xavier the bellman/driver and all the front desk workers and managers are amazing!! They will do whatever it takes to meet our needs during our stay!! The rooms are extremely clean the whole complete hotel is well kept!! I have traveled all over the world, but I love to stay here!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
It's nice to read how this feels like home to you. This is something we work hard for each and everyday. And it's because of associates like Xavier, that makes this happen. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton as your home away from home, and I will be sure and pass along your kind comments to all.
Cranbury, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time, earlier this week. A very nice and comfortable hotel for my business trip and I'm sure would be great for a leasuire trip as well. My issue, and it's not with this hotel specifically but more the "higher" end hotels, is the internet charge. If Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn can give you free wi-fi, do these hotels really need to charge that $10 a day?

The addition of the Shula steakhouse is great; saves a drive to the downtown.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center. I was pleased to read that your overall stay was comfortable and that you feel Shula's was a nice addition to the hotel. As far as the internet costs are concerned, we do provide complimentary WiFi in our Link@Sheraton, which is in our lobby. And both Platinum and Gold members recieve complimentary WiFi in the guestrooms. I hope that on your next business trip to Roanoke, you will once again choose the Sheraton.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Shuttle Driver Xavier Fox is very kind and a pleasure to be around...front desk reps Donna and Angelic are very sweet as well as accommodating, and Elizabeth Garcia who is in charge of the VIP room is the sweetest person with a beautiful personality that shines.....kudos to these employees for making my stay enjoyable as well as comfortable

PJ wright

• Stayed March 2012
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear pranjaal,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience her at the Sheraton Roanoke. I have already passed along your post to our hotel associates, as I felt your comments were very kind. I'm very proud of our team for their hard work and dedication, and it shows. If and when your travels bring you back to the Roanoke Valley, please consider the Sheraton your home away from home.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here 2xs this week, different days and different rooms. Both rooms the air would not go past 75f even if I turned temp down to 60-65f. There were sliding doors to balcony to open, however being a single woman, I did not want to leave that open at night. Also did not want to hear I-81 traffic. Plus the fan was LOUD...both days no hot water in the AM. The renovations are great, beds confortable, good service but when you pay almost $175 per night you expect everything to be in working order.

• Stayed March 2012
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear HF,
Thank you for your candid response regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. We have repaired the Hot Water Boiler system since your visit, and are looking into the rooms you stayed in to address the HVAC. I was pleased however to hear the rest of your stay was a pleasant one. And I hope if your travels bring you back through the Roanoke Valley, you will once again stay here at the Sheraton.