“Great place to stay”

Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Ithaca, New York
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was really lovely. I'm glad I persevered because getting the reservation was weird. I wanted to get two adjoining rooms with a connecting door and thought that would be easier to get speaking to a human vs. on the computer. But the Sheraton rep I spoke to couldn't match the price I was seeing on Expedia OR on the Sheraton website! After about 10 minutes he told me there was no way to reserve adjoining rooms, the hotel had no rooms with connecting doors and I'd be better off going online. When I showed up, we were given adjoining rooms with a connecting door no problem. Weird. But the place was so nice. The landscaping and common areas were really attractive, and the room was large, well decorated and furnished, comfortable and had a fridge, coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, iron, and a huge TV. The bed was great! The bathroom was totally retro and fun. The only downside was my HVAC unit was so loud I had to turn it off. Thank goodness for that adjoining room so I could suck off some heat! There's a nice breakfast restaurant as well as a Starbucks if you need to grab something to go. There's also a little store off the lobby. There's a small pool and hot tub. Right off the highway and near a slew of restaurants.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues ask for a room close to the elevators (but not the second floor due to s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Barbc1111,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton. I am glad you were able to get the connecting rooms you requested and I apologize for the loud a/c unit. I do hope you will visit us again when you return to the Roanoke area.

With kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Frankfurt Germany
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Sheraton Roanoke was the best and closest for us while having to attend the Graduations down in Blacksburg the week of 15-18 May 14. It was not so easy to find, we could see the hotel but we just could not figure out which exit to take, finally we got it. Check in was very easy. We requested a high floor, we got the 7th. Room was very clean, no issues. The bed was perfect. Bathroom clean with three big towels.....it is a bit dated and the air vent near the shower was filthy/full of DUST. The carpet is clean, furniture is a bit dated. We had a small balcony. We kept the balcony door open as the A/C was way too loud!!!!. Starbucks in the morning; forget it, hot water with milk foam, prefer to find coffee in the city, it as that bad. Ate at Shula's one night, VERY GOOD and our last night we got in late and had it for room service (FAST SERVICE)......that Key Lime Pie is the best as is the Cowboy Steak!!.

We were there the same week as the Lacrosse Team and a Prom.....from where we were and stayed we had a positive experience............and thanks to the Sheraton staff for a job well done

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, away from the Lobby facing towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Travelurcpl,

We are pleased you enjoyed your weekend at the Sheraton during graduation. And glad you had the opportunity to eat at Shula's, next time you need to try the Carrot Cake! I am sorry to hear about Starbucks, we will review with our staff to see how we can improve the coffee experience. I do hope you return to the Sheraton on your next visit to the Roanoke area.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The girls from Adelphia University won the National Lacrosse Championship. After their win parents and students took over the pool area with cases of alcohol which is against Virginia law. The hotel staff did nothing about that or the screaming, noise and banging of doors on our floor after the kids came upstairs with the addition of their boyfriends. The front desk even admitted there were many complaints and stated they told them to be quiet but the girls wouldn't listen. If you are going to stay here see who else is staying at the same time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Susan G,

Thank for your comments regarding your recent visit. I was disappoint to hear about the challenges with your stay and I apologize for the disruption. We have addressed it with our staff and have taken corrective action so this does not happen again. I hope you will give us another opportunity so we can better demonstrate the commitment to our guests.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This Hotel can be seen from the highway but my GPS worked best when I used Ordway as the cross street because its entrance is on an access road. The rooms are large and the beds have comfy pillows and are updated furnishings. The hotel has an excellent gym with about a dozen cardio machines and several machines in the weight lifting circuit. I went to "Pi Restaurant" off the lobby and had have a good breakfast $8 for eggs, potatoes, ham and toast. The sell Starbucks coffee in the lobby area. The staff is very friendly. It is very easy getting to the highway. I would stay here again if I have business in Roanoke.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking the side parking area was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear BusinessTravellerVA,

Thank you for the nice comments about your recent visit to the Sheraton. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the Roanoke area.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I haven't had the pleasure of staying at this Sheraton, but I recently taught a session on social media to a small group of folks in one of the conference rooms. I didn't even know they had a great auditorium type room for those kinds of presentations! We also had boxed dinners and the staff was incredibly nice in setting it up and cleaning up after, plus making sure we had everything we needed. Looking forward to hosting more conference-type sessions here and recommending them to friends and travelers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Liz L,

We are glad you enjoyed the conference facilities. Our Mnemonic Conference Theater is a wonderful place to hold training sessions. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for the recommendation.

Bluefield, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many Hotels throughout my lifetime and I have to say this one was the BEST by far. I love the staff they are friendly and help in anyway possible. The rooms are gorgeous and the beds.... nice plush CLEAN and NEAT... very nice and affordable. I will be returning !!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear LuLu A,

Thank you for the wonderful comments; we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing again on your return trip.

Roanoke
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very nice place to stay! Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. A lot of things to do. It would be a great place for anyone to stay. Saw people with pets so they allow pets. Swimming pools, Starbucks, Shula 347, Pi Kitchen, Good location

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Phillip N,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding the Sheraton and what we have to offer. And yes, dogs are always welcome here. We look forward to seeing you again soon.