“Spacious Room - Semi Tractor parks at your door”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Motel 6 Roanoke
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Spacious Room - Semi Tractor parks at your door”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

The rooms are very generous in size. That's the best I can say. The room was quite dirty. We informed the front desk that my wife unpacked a new set of bedroom slippers and they were quite dirty after the first evening. They did not advise us if any action taken to clean. They did repair the air conditioner so that it did not rattle. The most disappointing action was when a semi tractor pulled in front of our room, backed into two parking spaces and remaining idling for several minutes. We asked the front desk if it could be moved to the rear parking lot and they said they wouldn't ask that it be moved. We suffered through the next two evenings and three mornings to the roar of a diesel engine putting us to bed and awakening us. If you like powdered eggs and run of the mill food you'll enjoy the breakfast. I had to get something on the way to my meeting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from I-581. There is considerable road noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Good Evening , I do apologize that our property was not up to your expectations. As with all of our valued guests our #1 priority is to always try and make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one and I apologize that did not happen during your time with us. I do hope you had safe travels to your next destination and wish you a good day. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you to the best of my ability and Thank You once again for bringing this to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Not much to say. The hotel must be old as it still has outdoor entrances but the rooms look and feel like any other newer Hampton. Very clean with new stuff, other than the big window looking into the parking lot you wouldn't really know the difference.

The staff was VERY friendly, I wish I remembered her name because she was wonderful. The location was fine, easy on, easy off.

I liked it and for the price it was well worth it.

Room Tip: maybe the top floor, that way there are no lights shining into your room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Good Morning and I would like to thank you for choosing our Hampton while in the Roanoke area. I am glad to see that we supplied you with very friendly service and a clean room. Hope to see you again when and if you are ever in the Roanoke Area again. Once again thank you and hope your travels was good as well.
roanoke, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

we have stayed here numerous times when traveling through. the value and convenience make it ideal for us. for an older hampton, it is kept in excellent condition and it appears that there is pride by the staff in the facility

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Good Morning it was a pleasure to have you back at our property. We are happy to see that we kept our promise to you as our valued guest and made your stay a pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property when you are back in the Roanoke area.
NE NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This property is obviously an older one, but it seems like they are doing their best to keep it up to modern standards. The staff was insanely pleasant and nice!! Check in and check out was efficient, the room was clean, the bed was comfy, and they had Froot Loops at breakfast :) I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Good Afternoon and Thank You for letting us know of how your stay went while you were in the Roanoke area. We are pleased to know that we kept our promise to you and made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. We look forward to getting the opportunity to Welcome you back to our hotel property when and if your travels bring you into the Roanoke area again. Have a Great Day and safe travels to your next destination.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Well-trained, pleasant and helpful staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Walk up outdoor entrance a bit less convenient than usual, but well-maintained. Happened to be traveling the same weekend that families were taking kids to colleges, so property was heavily booked and we could not get a 1st floor room. Excellent experience nonetheless.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Good Morning and Thank You for relaying your experience here @ the Hampton Inn onto us and the fellow travelers. We are happy to see that we kept our promise to you and anyone else associated within your reservation and supplied you with friendly service from our staff and a clean guest. We look forward to Welcoming you back to our property whenever your travels bring you into the Roanoke area.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I prefer to stay at Hampton Inn's whenever I travel. I chose this hotel because it was close to I-81 while we were on our way to taking our kids to college. We were pulling a u-haul trailer and when I got to the hotel around 10pm the parking lot did not have any spaces where I could park with the trailer. I went into the office and checked in and inquired as to where I could park and they instructed me to just pull up from the office and park along the curb. I found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly, more so than most of the hotel that I have been to. The rooms are very spacious and I found our room to be very clean. I was surprised to find the bed to be very hard and that there seemed to be no variety in the pillow's as well.

As mentioned by other reviews the room's are entered from the outside with no indoor hallway. The biggest problem with this is there is so much light outside that it keeps the room from getting dark. This is a good thing when your outside at night but bad when trying to sleep. The curtains just don't block enough of the light. The breakfast was great and the breakfast area was very clean also.

The hotel was clean and the staff was great but that was not enough to overcome a bad nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Good Afternoon and Thank You for letting us know how your stay went while you were with us while passing thru Roanoke. I am glad to see that our staff supplied you with the kind of service you come to expect and deserve during your travles. I do apologize that there were a few areas of the hotel that may have kept you from having a good nights sleep, but Thank You for letting us know of the beds, pillows and curtains. I will speak with my GM and see if we can get some of these problems remedied so that hopefully if you are in the area again, these problems will not arise again.
northwest new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were heading to Hilton head and needed a place to stay to break up the 13 hr trip from New Jersey. This location was right off of rt. 81 and very convenient. We were greeted warmly at reception and issued room keys in less than a minute, which was much appreciated after being on the road all day. The room was clean, comfortable and accommodating with LCD TV, mini fridge, firm mattresses. Breakfast the next morning was perfect to get us going and the staff was welcoming and attentive. Plus, the price was right for the quality. The rooms have doors to the outside, which is clearly noted when booking, but this doesn't diminish the quality of the property. When back in the area, we will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Good Afternoon. I would like to Thank You for relaying your stay experience here at the hotel property with us and the fellow travelers who would be needing a place to stay while they are on the road. We are happy to see that we kept our promise to you and supplied you with friendly service, a clean guest room and a good breakfast to get your day started. We look forward to Welcoming you back to our property when your travels bring you into the area again. Have a good day and we hope you had a safe trip to your next destination.