“Large, comfortable room”

Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reston, Virginia
“Large, comfortable room”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This hotel would have easily received a "five" out of five from me except for the presence of a large number of youth sports team members that detracted from our stay in a couple of ways. First, the good... the room we had was very spacious and comfortable. The free WiFi was excellent. There were plenty of outlets. The hotel is obviously well maintained. The only downside was that the large number of youth were pretty much unsupervised by their adults. For example, some girls engaged in a silly string attack in the room across the hall from us late in the evening, which led to some loud shrieking and associated noise and yelling. The next morning they completely filled the breakfast room, leaving no place for other guests to sit. The breakfast was quite good (eggs, sausage, fruit, cereals, waffles, etc.) but I would have preferred not having to eat it in our room. Now the overload of young people clearly was not a common occurrence at the hotel. I was most impressed after we returned home and I was invited to complete a survey about our stay. I mentioned the breakfast room situation and the silly string attack in the survey, and received an email from the manager within 24 hours. She apologized for the rowdiness of the youth and noted that their adult leaders had signed an agreement about how they were supposed to conduct themselves and the supervision required. Since they didn't live up to the agreement, she said they would not be allowed to stay there again. Because of that and because the high quality of the hotel in general, we plan to stay there on our next Roanoke trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Perhaps my review is coloured by having stayed in Quality Inns and Comfort Inns in the preceding nights which are a stark contrast to the spacious, clean and well equipped rooms found here. The staff are friendly and helpful. Having an indoor pool and whirlpool are a lovely extra. The Internet access really is fast and you don't have to keep logging in unlike the former hotels mentioned. It's the little things I notice such as well equipped bathroom supplies and plenty of electrical sockets available for recharging our many "gadgets". The walls and floors are solidly built and well carpetted so the rooms are quiet. There is a wide range of foods for breakfast from fresh fruit, cereals, bagels, pastries, cooked sausage, egg etc plus a choice of good coffees. The dining area is also spacious allowing plenty of "elbow space" when eating.
The location is excellent for those travelling on I-81 and close to fuel and other stores. I have already booked this hotel for a future stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were here on Friday headed to New Jersey and we liked this place so much we decided to stay the night on our way back to Tennessee. I'm thinking about taking a picture and forwarding it to the dump we just left in Atlantic City so they can see what a REAL hotel looks like.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank DaemonW
Marion, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2012

enjoyable overnight stay. friendly staff, good food, clean rooms, clean pool and spa. would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: ask for walk in rate
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The room with amenities was fine. The staff was courteous and friendly. The breakfast was fine for our needs. Nice large area for breakfast, and the fresh flowers on every table was a touch I appreciated. The breakfast attendant was pleasant. The pool area was clean, and the hot tub was just what we needed after a long day. Homemade cookies in lobby were very good!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We were on our way from Chattanooga to Richmond, VA and decided that we should stop and start the drive the next morning. We did some searches on our phone thru expedia and orbitz and decided to call some hotels directly.

At Country Inn and Suites we were quoted a price, and said that we would be there shortly. When we arrived to the location, the innkeeper had no idea what we were talking about. Apparently our call went directly to the main Country Inn and Suites reservation system. Which meant, the price we were quoted over the phone did not match the price that she was quoting us from her system.
However, she did agree to match the price we were quoted over the telephone.

I always like staying at Country Inn & Suites (Savannah historical district being my fav), and this one was no different. The beds were comfortable. The only complaint, which wasn't the hotels fault, was a late arriving bus who brought in travelers coming in for Obama who was speaking the next day. There were a lot of giggling, screams, slamming of doors until at one point my mom peeked out the door, which silenced some of them. Basically, people arriving late of night need to learn some respect when entering a hotel late at night!

Breakfast was okay. Cereal you can't mess up with.

Would we return to this location? Definitely!

Keyser, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2012

What I expected. Seemed a little short staffed. I rarely comment on service because I don't need to be waited on. I did however make one request and it was delivered to my room promptly.

• Stayed June 2012