“Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Whiteville, Tennessee
“Excellent”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

This was the best place we stayed on our five-day vacation. It was very quiet, clean, and neat. The continental breakfast was okay. Probably would have been better if we had gotten there earlier, though. Overall, it was very nice.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Flemington
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Our room was spacious and well equipped. The WiFi was easily accessed. One of the unexpected plusses was the "doorman's cart" to get our bags from the car into the hotel. Unfortunately, we do not travel light!

The pool was fantastic, and the room it was in was beautiful.

Only one negative; the breakfast room had a TV on in the corner, and when we asked if it could be turned off, the lovely attendant, Pam, said it was company policy to have the news on in the breakfast room. This, in spite of the fact that they offer free newspapers, both local (much appreciated) and USA Today.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I loved my stay here! Beds are comfortable, its very clean, and the jacuzzi room was extra nice. The staff is friendly and the location has a lot of restaurants close by. This is my 3rd stay and I will be coming back again!

• Stayed April 2013
NJ
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We didn't have reservations for the night, but found one of those coupon books at the rest stop and saw this hotel was on our route. We have stayed in other Country Inn and Suites and have been very happy. so we called to see if there were rooms available at the discounted rate. The gal at the front desk that I spoke with on the phone was so nice and helpful. Once we arrived and checked in, she recommended a place to get dinner and was generally very sweet and pleasant. Rooms was clean, comfy, had a fridge and microwave. And don't forget the complimentary coffee and cookies in the lobby! We only stayed one night since we were traveling but would definitely stop there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Staff was very nice however; I would not stay here again due to the odor throughout the property especially our room. There was a very distinct odor similar to that of gardenias and must/mildew. Whatever they use is not good for someone who suffers from allergies. Rather than sleeping, I spent my time feeling ill. Comforter was dirty and dusty so that of course did not help. Rooms could use updating. We did not stay for breakfast-couldn't stand the smell any longer.

• Stayed April 2013
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Country Inn & Suites was the first stop for us on a trip across the country. It was absolutely exactly what we needed. It was very convenient to the Interstate. There was plenty of parking for our two vehicles and the utility trailer we were towing. The check-in was swift and professional. We received exactly the adjoining rooms we requested.

I liked the decor of the hotel. It was peaceful and pleasant. Our rooms were excellent with good beds, nice pillows and plenty of hot water. The internet connection was strong and fast.

The most outstanding thing about this very nice hotel was the buffet breakfast. We traveled for ten days on this trip, and the breakfast we had at the Country Inn was the best we had anywhere. I cannot make eggs as fluffy and delicious as those offered to us. Everything was hot and tasty and added significant value to an already reasonable hotel rate.

We only spent one night at this hotel so I cannot comment upon any of the other amenities offered by the hotel. Based on our experience I would expect them to be clean and well-ordered.

I would certainly stay in this hotel again, and would happily recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Silver Spring
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I've stayed here a few times. The front desk staff are very plesant. Rooms are nice and comfortable. I happen to like the bath/shower shampoo and moisturizing sundries here the most although I bring my own soap because most hotel soaps leave a dry feeling on your skin. Nice Pool area and breakfast is also good. Very convienent off I-81 outside Roanoke.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business