“Great Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Excellent Hotel. Very clean. Staff is very friendly and professional. Breakfast was perfect and healthy. If the price was more comparable to other Country Inns that we have stayed in it would be the best value on I81. It is about $30 higher than Harrisonburg and Charlotte but it is nicer.
Loved the pool and hot tub!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I pulled off the highway just past Roanoke thinking it was time to find a hotel for the night, no booking ahead or checking reviews. From the front desk reception to the exercise room, hottub and internet connection, everything was great. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. A good complimentary breakfast topped off a great stay at a very reasonable price

Room Tip: Access to the pool area is from the second floor which is nice rather than going through the main fl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel Friday and Saturday night with a large group. Lobby is nice and front desk staff were pleasant. The hotel has been used hard and could use a fresh coat of paint, particularly on the outside room doors. Beds were comfortable. Nice big fridge and microwave in rooms. Breakfast was good and included in stay. Rooms were not very clean. The same debris that was on the room floor when we arrived was still there when we left 48 hours later. I guess they do not vacuum. The hotel was very accommodating for our group allowing us to use a meeting room several times during our stay. Overall, very average place but was what we expected for the price.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gigiants
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have stayed here twice in the last two years on the way to or from Florida. The most recent stop we had driven over 11 hours and decided to 'just pull over at the next town'. We pulled into Roanoke and saw the Country Inn & Suites and realized that we had stayed in the same hotel the previous year on the way back from Florida. So it was an easy choice to stay again as we knew the hotel and had a pleasant stay the last time we visited.

The staff are friendly, fast and got me a room in no time. The rooms are large and clean. The pool is nice and big and was open until midnight which was a nice option.

Great breakfast and with hot options, a nice change from cold bagels and cereals of other hotel options.

The place is clean, food is good, staff are great and the location off the highway is perfect. The beds are comfy!!

Room Tip: We've always stayed on the first floor - not by choice, it is just the way it ended up. One tim...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stopped overnight at this property on a recent trip. The staff was very friendly, the room clean and comfortable, and the breakfast the next morning had hot options which was a nice change of pace from the usual continental fare. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SMurdoch1005
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel has been the favorite stop for my mother and me when we make road trips along the east coast. Very clean rooms, convenient location, and the staff remembered us after a year. We go out of our route to get to it.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the second floor rooms more than the first floor rooms. (They seemed newer.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here with my family over the Thanksgiving holiday. The staff was overall very friendly and helpful, but the property just seemed tired and not up to my expectations based on my stays at other Country Inns.

The hotel was easy to find with plenty of parking. The check-in process went smoothly. Breakfast each morning was very good. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool, though she said the water was very cold.

I was not impressed with the condition of my room. It was barely acceptable to me, and certainly not spotless. I found moldy caulking in the shower, peeling wallpaper, cobwebs on the ceiling, dusty fixtures under the desk, and HVAC filters maxed out with dust and dirt (I found this out later on). Some lights were not plugged in, and power outlets near the nightstand were scarce. We considered leaving, but ultimately decided to stay.

We returned to our room on the second day of our stay to find that the room had not been serviced at all. We left at 10am and returned at 10pm and did not leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door, so of course we expected it to be cleaned. No beds made, no trash emptied, dirty towels everywhere. I called the front desk, and a gentleman delivered us some fresh towels for the morning. The next morning I reported this to the front desk again, along with the cleanliness issues. The staff was helpful and friendly, and they switched rooms for us. The new room was cleaner, but still far from spotless.

I understand that issues do come up from time to time, and I appreciate the staff's help, but overall I was not impressed with this hotel and I am not planning to return.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family