“A dead fly in my dinner....”
Review of Fork In The City - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fork In The City
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We're proud to introduce you to Fork In The City, serving "Citified Fork Fare" in an awesome downtown Roanoke location! Here you can enjoy a warm, cozy environment, an open kitchen highlighting the wood-fired oven, great live music and an enormous draft and bar selection. FITC features outdoor bistro style dining, ample parking, and our popular Bose Touch Tunes Jukebox with even more room for Dancing!Like our sister restaurant Fork In The Alley, FITC is "hard to find but impossible to leave." We're located next to the Jefferson Center, just a few blocks from the YMCA and the Old Southwest Historic Neighborhood.So come find us, and step out of the ordinary and into the Fork!
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I think the atmosphere of the place is very trendy....cute bar and it was pretty packed when we went in. Our waitress was good but when my food came out it had a dead fly in it....not a little tiny gnat or fruit fly, but a big fat dead housefly, nestled right in my lettuce. Needless to say I lost my appetite and didn't finish my meal. The waitress apologized and it clearly wasn't her fault, and she brought a new salad....but truly I just didn't want to eat anything more from the place after that happened. To add insult to injury, no apology from management and I was charged full price for my meal, which I barely touched. I even told the waitress I lost my appetite, so it was obvious my dinner was ruined. For that reason alone I will not return. When the kitchen makes a mistake that big, the manager should jump to make it right. Yuck is all I have to say. Too bad because the rest of the food looked promising.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We attended a birthday party at Fork in the City. They did everything to insure this was a great party. Our server, Debbie, was top notch. The food was good, beer was excellent, service outstanding. I plan my next party event at this restaurant. Plenty of parking.

1  Thank quiltessa
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Fork in the City (FITC) offers a pub atmosphere. The food is okay (I've eaten there twice), which is improved by a nice selection of local (and other) draft beers. I haven't eaten the brick-oven pizza, which is what Fork advertises as a speciality. If you're looking for a place to catch up with friends over pints, FITC is for you.

1  Thank mrheatmyser
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Good basic American fare at very reasonable prices. Brick-oven baked pizzas & hot dogs are our favorite things on the menu (they've had a $5 pizza special on Sundays for as long as I can remember), also have great deals on beer during happy hour every day. Nice patio out back. Atmosphere is more like a bar on weekend nights, and it gets noisy (obviously even louder when there's a band), but that's not been an issue any other time I've been there. Nice patio out back. Family friendly (except, again, late nights on weekends...but what would you expect, right?).

Reviewed 8 March 2013

If you want gormet hotdogs or pizaa, this is the place for you! Only one dessert selection - s'mores, but who doesn't love s'mores? I like the atmosphere of the outdoor eating area, even when it is cold and rainy outsdie, the heaters make it a very comfortable place to dine.