“Black Lantern Revisted - fantastic rooms, food and hosts”
Review of Black Lantern Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roanoke
Black Lantern Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Roanoke B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed at the Black Lantern Inn on our way to a wedding in Mississippi and discovered a wonderful, modern, charming inn. The hosts, Ron and Claire, were fanastic. They greeted us when we arrived, helped us store our bikes and carried our luggage to the top floor. The skyline room was fantastic - a top floor, tastefully decorated room with a great queen-sized bed, modern bathroom, lush towels and bathrobes. Ron makes great chocolate chip cookies. He suggested a great place to eat, less than a mile from the inn - Wildflour Market and Bakery Cafe. I told him I was gluten sensitive and he made fantastic gluten-free pancakes for breakfast the next morning. Ron and Claire were great to talk to and took great care of us.

We enjoyed our stay so much we came back through Roanoke on our return trip and stayed two more nights at the Black Lantern Inn. We stayed in the room on the first floor (the Venetian room) since the skyline room was already booked. This room had a wonderful king-size bed, large bathroom and plush towels and bathrobes.

The Inn is not only comfortable for relaxing but also has reliable wifi internet connections to offer guests. Ron set up a table in the dining room as work space for me so I could finish working on coursework due later that day. He also helped us with getting our cue sheets for a bicycle ride we were doing that day. For the next morning, he also made a fantastic eggs benedict breakfast with gluten-free toast.

The Black Lantern is conventiently located and is only a mile from the restaurants in downtown Roanoke.

Ron and Claire have made a wonderful inn and we will definitely go back if we travel to Roanoke again.

Room Tip: Skyline room is huge and offers great work, louging space Venetian room has king-size bed, large ba...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank serottagirl

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My fiancé and I stayed at the Black Lantern Inn for one night when we were in town for a concert, but I wish we could have stayed longer! The entire Inn was absolutely gorgeous, our room (the Venetian) was spectacular, and breakfast the next morning was absolutely to die for. I can't say enough great things! Ron and Claire were wonderful hosts, and I hope to be able to stop by again soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed at the Black Lantern Inn this weekend. It was my first visit and it definitely won't be my last. Ron and Claire are the greatest hosts. The house is wonderful and the meals are so amazing you will be glad you didn't sleep through breakfast. The Skyline Room is a must for a quiet weekend retreat. Visit this place. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: The Skyline Room is like a loft apartment.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were very pleased with the entire experience. Ron & Claire made us feel very welcome. Ron has done many remodel projects at the house and you will likely take some ideas back to your home. The kitchen is really cool. The immaculate house is the result of Ronnie's skill as a detailed contractor.

We stayed in the Tiger Room located on the 2nd floor which has a very comfortable king size bed with silken cotton linens. A guest kitchen and roof porch was just outside our door. This had beverages and cookies. The bathroom is just a few short steps across the hallway but private. The hydrotherapy tub was amazing, but just taking a shower in that bathroom was great.

Ron and Claire are very nice and offered great suggestions for dinner. We went to Norberto's Italian Ristorante which was great. The breakfast was SUPERB. The fruit, coffee, eggs benedict pancakes were amazing! My wife an excellent cook was pleased by the level of detail taken with the food!

The only issue was the GPS not recognizing their address. Claire warned us about this ahead of time. The location to Downtown was perfect. Roanoke is a very nice town with many nice people. The town gives you that nostalgic feel. If we are ever back in Roanoke, we will stay there. Check them out at http://blacklanterninn.com/

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Artie44
Reviewed 1 November 2011

So many things can be said about the Black Lantern Inn. From the local to the service was excellent. Everything about it a first class. We drove from Southern Maryland to Roanoke for a nice quiet getaway and got much more than that. Ron & Claire made us feel welcome. The accomodations were spotless, the Breakfast was YUMMYLISIOUS. The location to Downtown was perfect. Roanoke is a very nice town with many nice people. The town gives you that nostalgic feel. **In my Terminator voice** "I'll be back"

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The Black Lantern Inn will surpass all of your expectations of quality, friendliness and cleanliness. Ron and Claire are incredible hosts. Not only did Ron pick me up from the airport, he even dropped me off downtown for a conference and he called to check on me when I took the bike out for a rainy day.

Chicagoans, you will find a second home here as the place is superbly decorated with posters and artwork from Ron’s hometown. I have never slept better or felt more welcomed. The Black Lantern Inn is a wonderful gem in Roanoke and I highly highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Skyline room which was excellent. Ron showed me all of the rooms and they are all s...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2011

One of the most comfortable rooms I have ever stayed in. It was beautifully decorated, the bed was very comfortable and it was spotless! The owners were nice and offered great suggestions for dinner. Breakfast was great. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple