“Excellent in every respect!”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My first time staying at a Cambria Suites Hotel and I was overwhelmed. This is a very nice, business class hotel. It competes with any Marriott property I have stayed. Parking is safe and convenient. The rooms were spacious, clean and modern. The bed was extremely comfortable. They have a nice bar area that serves food or they offer room service. The breakfast buffet was very good and fairly priced. The staff were all customer focused and delivered great service. I would give this hotel my highest rating and hope to stay there again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you so much for your review! Go Vols! (oops - did I say that)

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Clean large rooms. Perfect for families. Very little street noise. Staff was excellent and allowed us a very early last minute check in. Restaurant food is yummy and not crazy over priced. The 2 bedrooom/2 king suite is really a bed and an uncomfortable pull out couch. We made do though and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

I am so glad that we could accommodate your early arrival request. Thank you for you kind review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The suite was outstanding, A sleeping room had a closet, flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed; a sitting room with a sleeper-sofa and a second flat-screen. A comfortable chair, nice sized refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker all helped in making my seven night stay most enjoyable. The desk had connections to the sitting room flat screen and the free wi-fi kept me up to date with my email. The front desk staff were professional, efficient, helpful and personable. The breakfast buffet / menu was good and Pam, the morning waitress, did an excellent job. The amenities, shuttle service, indoor pool-hot tub, fitness center and access to the nearby Roanoke greenway trail made the extended stay really enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your great review! Great detail about the hotel and area! Pam actually is the Employee of the Month for November. We are so fortunate to have such great employees!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was in town and spent 8 nights at this facility. It was a great experience! The staff was extremely accommodating, helpful, and very friendly. Pam was the best!!! The covered parking was wonderful and free wi-fi is a great feature. I would highly recommend this location to anyone traveling to Roanoke.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Our staff and Service set us apart from the competition! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband, our 7 month old son and I stayed at the Cambrian Suites in October for my best friends wedding. We live in Canada and were not familiar with Roanoke at all. The staff at the Cambria Suites were friendly, accommodating and happy to help with any request we had. Our room was beautiful, the perfect size for our family of 3. The snack store was a nice addition, although we would've appreciated the ability to order room service, as sometimes we were confined to our room with a napping baby.
The shuttle service to downtown Roanoke was an added plus. I was able to reserve the shuttle to and from dinner with a party of 6. Our driver was prompt and knew where all the local places were without hesitation.
We were very impressed with service and dedication if Pam, the bar/restaurant manager. She was so incredibly sweet, engaging and accommodating. She made sure our son has plenty of fruit and that we had everything we needed. You could tell that Pam took great pride in the work she did! Every place should have someone like Pam!!
My only complaint is that my best friend, the bride, had some trouble with the grooms room. They had booked the room almost a year in advance, and without explanation, he was 'downgraded'. The bride approached the staff about fixing the problem and they were able to offer a different room, but still not the one that was promised initially.
All in all, our stay at the Cambria was excellent. As a new family far from home we were worried about whether or not the hotel would work for us and we were so glad it did!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

So sorry for the late reply! Pam is awesome and I have shared your response with her. Come back and see us

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at the Cambria Suites for 5 nights as I was in town for a class. The hotel was terrific. I loved the rooms which had a sleeping area as well as a sitting area. Free WiFi in the room. Full bar (Jill was great). Menu items from the kitchen or grab and go snacks. The work out facility was nice. Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance guy helping me get my dvd player hooked up was very accomodating. There is a wonderful trail just outside the hotel for running or walking which was an added bonus. What a great way to unwind from a long day of learning! I would highly reccomend the Cambria Suites for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am sorry for the delayed reply - thank you so much for yor review.

Good sized clean rooms
comfortable accommodations -comfortable bed, good sized desk, two flat screens, rooms were quiet and non-smoking.
The hotel has great staff, especially, Pam, the morning breakfast server. This very capable worker remembered my name on every visit to the restaurant after the first day and provided excellent service. Breakfast is above average. There is a bar and restaurant in the evening although the food was nothing special.
There is a pool and exercise room as well as a shuttle which will take you to restaurants or the airport. This is a great place for a business traveler.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! Shared with all staff = both good and not so good.