“These folks take southern hospitality to a new level.”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I recently spent a week at Cambria during a family health crisis and could write a book and not say enough good things about this lovely, near-flawless property. The staff could not have been more welcoming or understanding. Various family members rotated in and out as we took turns staying the night with my sick mother, and the small, hardworking staff bent over backwards to help us all out. From the front desk staff to the young man who does the sweeping and errand-running to the shuttle drivers, good manners and graciousness abound.

Specifics: To say this place is clean is an understatement. It looks and smells spotless. Beds are beyond comfy and linens are crisp. Decor is modern, but not annoyingly so. The menu in the dining room is small but food is excellent. The gal who tends bar pours with skill, always good to have in a crisis. The hot tub is HOT. The pool is spotless. The complimentary coffee bar is excellent. The hotel is just a jot off I-581, with ample parking, some of it underground. The proximity to Roanoke Memorial is perfect, and an easy walking distance. But there is no need to walk when the obliging shuttle drivers will drop you at the front door, saving you the nightmare of parking in the somewhat distant garages. They will even shuttle you to and from the airport and the grocery store. Forgot your toothbrush or your room key or your whatever? No problem. Left your $100 Tempurpedic pillow behind -- as I foolishly did? No worries. They will ship it to you. Or hold it. Or whatever. You really do get the feeling that nothing is too much trouble, and that they have seen enough folks jittered up by family illness to know exactly what to say and do. All this at a bargain price, too.

Bottom line, for business or pleasure in the greater Roanoke area, you will not find a better run, more accommodating property than Cambria. I look forward to going back under happier circumstances.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MizLiz
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you so much! this will be reviewed at our all associates lunch next week. We hope that your healing continues!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

A co-worker and myself just spent the past week at the Cambria Suites in Roanoke, Va. We couldn't have asked for better customer service. The area experienced almost a foot and a half of snow, which shut down the city. The hotel staff went above and beyond what I would expect to be normal customer service. Many of them spent days at the hotel working long hours to meet the guests needs and exceed our expectations. The entire time they were patient and kind and did their jobs with a smile and service that I haven't experienced at other hotels. Excellent food, rooms, excercise facility and the customer service is top notch. Thanks, Bob, Jill, and other staff for making my stay a wonderful experience in a difficult situation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

That snow was a mess! Sorry that you were stuck in it with us = but happy you got to meet Jill and Bob! Spring is coming!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Absolutely the best Hotel Breakfast. Staff and service were the best ever experienced. They went out of their way to insure that guest were comfortable during an unprecedented snow storm that shut down the city. The entire weeks stay was a pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014

Breakfast is always a tough call! Thank you for appreciating how hard they work for you!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This property rates 5 stars in my opinion! I'm writing from my hotel room now. My husband has been in Roanoke Memorial Hospital since Wednesday (open heart surgery) and Cambria Suites has taken care of me as if I were family. My thanks to "Ron" who works at the hotel and one of Cambria's guests from Pennsylvania (gosh I wish I could remember his name). They dug my car out of the snow on Wednesday morning. Ron cleaned the car off as well and even moved it for me so I could get to the hospital. There are good samaritans out there after all. The Front Desk staff has been very patient with me because each day I've had to add a night to my reservation. Even with the 20+ inches of snow and limited staff, they could not be more attentive.

The room is appointed very nicely and is very very clean. The food is wonderful.

If you're ever in the Roanoke Virginia area and need a place to stay, I highly recommend this venue.

Thanks Cambria for making my stress filled week more comforting.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are blessed with Ron as well as other key members of our staff! Ron smiled and said how sweet you were and remembered the guest who said "it just wouldn't be right" not to help!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I really need a number higher than 5 to rate service. This hotel goes above and beyond and exceeds my expectations with each visit I make. Yes I refer to my stays here as visits. Being snowed in here during winter storm Pax was actually a pleasant experience rather than an inconvenience. Pam, the breakfast server is ALWAYS pleasant and cheerful son its hard to have a bad day when you start your morning with her. Gotta run they just dug my car out for me....time head home.

• Stayed: February 2014

Doesn't get any better than this review! Pam cried when I read it to her. Y'all are such a blessing to us!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We came up for a weekend stay at the beginning of January with our ice hockey team. The rooms were beautiful! Much larger than we are used to, and definitely very modern and new. Especially nice for the rate provided. Jill (I hope my memory is serving me correctly) the bar manager was outstanding. She had to deal with our kids and our large group and did an excellent job. She made us feel very welcome and was extremely accommodating. We dealt with her the most and she was a great representative! The only criticism I have is the bathrooms were clean, but you can tell they are slightly neglected. The caulk was starting to come loose between the tub and tile and you could tell it was like that for a while. The other thing was the ceiling vents were covered in dust. Very minor details, but I was surprised since the hotel was obviously newer and everything else was so nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Shared with Jill as well as the Maintenance staff! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Nice clean modern hotel, at a good rate. We had a double queen for my daughters birthday sleepover with 4 girls and I and it was a very nice room. Plenty of room for us. The indoor pool was very clean and lots if fun for the girls mid winter pool party. Housekeeping was very quick to respond to our requests. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2014