“Convenient location, great hotel”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Convenient location, great hotel”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Cambria Suites, Roanoke is across the street from a sports park and a great bike path that goes for miles along the river. It is also perfect for runners and walkers. The hotel is also very close to the Market Square and walking distance from the medical school and hospital complex. The suite was large enough for my son, daughter in law and two small children. It has a refrigerator, micro wave, and coffee maker. The hotel has a small hot and cold buffet that was included in the price of our room for two dollars more than the AAA rate. Otherwise it is ten dollars a person. I loved the fresh fruit selection. I didn't like the extra charge for tea at $1.60 a cup. There is a small pool, hot tub, and fitness center. My only complaint about the room is not enough lighting.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I'm so glad that you were pleased with your stay, and I hope we get to see you again soon! Located 2 blocks from the hospital and med school we are located in a fantastic part of the community! We also offer a complimentary shuttle to take our guests almost anywhere they would like to go! Please come back and see us again soon, and again, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a great 4 night stay at Cambria Suites in Roanoke. Everyone was very friendly, especially our server in the cafe, Pam. Pam greeted us with a smile every morning, and even made me special blueberry pancakes. Truly Southern Hospitatility!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Miles D
Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay here at our property! I'm so glad that our service levels exceeded your expectations! Pam will be so excited to know how happy she's made you, we can't wait to see you again soon!!
Alabama
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel decor and the spacious suites. Everything was clean and the staff was very helpful and pleasant to us even at 1:30 am in the morning! I will definitely recommend this as a place to stay if you have kids! Nice flat screens too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sajasmic
Thank you so much for your review of our property! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our suites feature at least two flat screen TVs!! Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep everything in top shape and it's nice to see that is noticed!

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay, and I hope we get to see you again soon!
Louisa
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The whole staff was very accommodating. Pamela was the best. She is the best worker. I see her running around and entertaining her guests at the same time. Love it there!
They have a great fitness facility and pool area. The shuttle was so convenient for all of my group.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank hallem561
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for the review of your stay! We take great pride in the level of service we provide to all our guests, and Pam will be excited to know that it's noticed. Our shuttle is a great amenity that we offer to our guests that want to go around town and see the sights and I'm glad that you've found that useful. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I love to stay at this hotel. Large rooms that are clean. The Pack N Play for my baby was in new condition. Good service too.
Pam was a pleasure to be around at a yummy breakfast.
Good folks there to help and serve you.
Dave & Kristy

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank david s
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am so glad you enjoyed your time here. We do our best to keep our hotel and equipment in new condition and it's nice to see that shows! I hope we get to see you again soon!

Travel Safe
Best, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I come from Holland and are travelling through Virginia. Last week we ended up in Roanoke and stayed at Cambria Suites. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed every minute.
The hotel ofers very nice room, clean and with excellend kingsized beds.

The persons at reception were very helpfull ta assure we have a spendid stay.
We recommend this hotel , it offers high value for reasonable price. The staf is exceeding cusotmer expectations.

John &Lia

Room Tip: We booked the hotel through Hotels.com. It took us less then 4 minutes to make reservation
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohntTB
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your review of our property and hope we get to see you again soon!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I came to stay here for work, and it was a pleasant first 2 weeks but I did have some issues.

1. The room that they gave me on my 3rd week was supposed to be an upgraded room with mountain views, but the AC did not work. They where unable to fix this the first night so they switched me rooms to a smaller one, basically I got downgraded.
2. On the third day they tell me that the hotel is overbooked and they will need to switch me to a different room after I had gotten everything settled in. They did not have the previous room I had first, and they also did not have another room close to the elevator, so I got forcefully downgraded and sent to a room in a more inconvenient location.
3. Apparently only some rooms have freezers, when they downgraded me they gave me a room without a freezer. Guess what I had leftover ice cream, turned into a puddle; fantastic.
4. In one occasion the morning breakfast lady got mad at me because I would order my breakfast as room service so that I would have to wait 15 minutes for it to be cooked and I could get to work ON TIME. This hotel is "supposed" to have room service.
5. The WIFI is terribad! If you are on a business trip or have any aspirations to get work or personal matters done online in your room, look elsewhere. You'll have better luck sending smoke signals. It's not good for streaming, email, browsing, nothing. And I tested it with my work laptop, personal laptop, and iPad.

The hotel does however have some fantastic staff, unfortunately not all are on the same caliber. My highest praise goes to Tony who is always friendly for breakfast or lunch.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Firstly, allow me to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us, I hope you will give us a second chance to impress you as this is not the standard we hold ourselves to. We take pride in the level of service we provide, and I will let Tony know how pleased you were with his. Thank you so much for staying with us and we do hope to see you again!