“Beautiful house, welcoming hosts, fabulous breakfast”
Review of King George Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roanoke
King George Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Roanoke B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We had a restful night and a delicious breakfast in a beautiful house with gracious hosts. The house is artfully decorated and welcoming. The hosts made us feel right at home. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed 23 December 2011

My wife and I travelled to Roanoke from the UK via Washington DC to attend a concert at the Roanoke Civic Centre and we were 'blown away' by this superb Inn! From the warmest of welcomes to the luxurious cotton sheets this was an experience to cherish. Having stayed in some very nice 'chain' hotels on route the whole feel of this Inn was totally different. No tv in the bedrooms (it would have been WRONG to have them, they just wouldn't fit in with the decor) was actually a big plus - the whole place felt like you had stepped back in time and were the personal guest of a wealthy merchant/politician over a hundred years ago. The antiques and art where incredible.
On a practical note all facilities were clean and immaculately presented and the breakfast was a delight - way beyond the norm!
Congratulations Jim and Lynn - wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Had the best experience. The king George inn was the most beautiful place I've ever stayed. I would recommend it to everyone. Spacious and inviting. The beds were very comfortable. The hosts have paid attention to every detail. Down to the custom bars of soap, which smelled amazing!!Great ambiance!! We will definitely return!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed two nights and loved it. Well maintained house that has captured the old style and is very relaxing. Like the breakfast and owners ( very friendly couple) were helpful in recommending things to do.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2011

my wife and i spent 4 days recently at the King George Inn in Roanoke and had a wonderful time. the Inn is beautiful, spacious and welcoming. the gourmet breakfast is excellent. the rooms are well appointed and tasteful. the private baths were one of my favorite draws. artwork was displayed throughout the home from the thriving roanoke art scene.(the lady of the house is an accomplished artist herself) i would highly recommend this b&b for a relaxing vacation. and i definitely will return!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Charming spacious century home; correct period appointments and detail; engaging hosts; excellent breafast; central location

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
kinggeorgeinn, Owner at King George Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. We wish you a boutiful and blessed Thanksgiving.
Kind regards,
Lynn & Jim
Innkeepers

Reviewed 8 November 2011

My sister and I made a hasty trip to Virginia from middle Tennessee and spent one night at the King George Inn in Roanoke last weekend. We found it to be spacious, clean, and welcoming, with coffee setup and snacks for the guests, along with a refrigerator in which we could have stored beverages. Our room was large, and the bathroom was modern. The bed was comfortable, and I have a finicky back. The room was a bit light for my taste (I like really dark, and blinds and sheers just don't black out a room.) Jim and Lynn, the innkeepers, are friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was dee-licious and interesting, both in flavor and presentation- a cut above other places I've stayed. After I returned, Jim emailed me to say he had a ring of mine- before I knew I'd lost it. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family