“Best coconut cake!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Roanoke, Virginia
“Best coconut cake!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

The food is good,a little expensive for me,but is good. The service is good depending on who you get. Their coconut cake, that's why I go there. That cake is the best, you before you put it in your mouth, you taste the flavour. Must try it, if you're not a coconut lover like me try death by chocolate, yum!

Suffolk, Virginia
“Extensive menu, pleasant servers, good food”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We ate here for dinner our first night in Roanoke. It was such a pleasant surprise! A short walk from our B & B, we were a little hesitant as we came upon Wildflours. But figured, we're here, it came highly recommended by our Innkeeper, so we'd try it. Well, am I glad we did. I had the Eggplant sandwich - and let me tell you - I can see why it was our waitresses' favorite. The flavors just totally enticed my tongue over and over. My husband had the special - it was spaghetti with a homemade meat sauce over it... he said it was excellent. And it wasn't over the top, size-wise. Just a perfect amount for dinner. We also had dessert. I had the Marie Antoinette Cake... A white cake, with chocolate filling, white buttery cream icing, with a hint of raspberry on top. all I can say is "WOW". He had the lemon chiffon. Speaks for itself. If you stay or live in Roanoke, this place is definitely worth eating at. We were told it is where all the locals eat... I don't wonder why.

WinstonsFamily
“Inconvenienced waitress and average food”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The waitress was tired; she told us. When we had questions,she just walked away. She asked if we wanted dessert. We didn't respond fast enough, and she started to walk away. Had to call out to get her to come back to the table. We asked her to tell us about the dessert options, she said "they're over there" and pointed to the case. When we asked if she could just tell us what they were, she walked over to the case and shouted back to the table. Don't know what kind of restaurant this is trying to be, but the wait staff is not helping. The food? It was good, but I was sorely disappointed when we were told the goat cheese spread was from a warehouse store.

2 Thank WinstonsFamily
melbourne
“Great food and well-priced wine”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This local restaurant emphasises fresh ingredients including a good selection of vegetarian dishes. The atmosphere is friendly and unhurried. Our green fried tomatoes were delicious without being heavily battered and Wanda's Mediterranean chicken was great. The atmosphere is friendly and unhurried. They also have the cheapest wine list I have seen on this trip, with typical prices $16-20 you can't go wrong.

Visited September 2013
roanoke
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great food cooked from local ingredients, good service, nice portion sizes, but must save room for dessert....amazing cakes from scratch:) Prices are reasonable.

• Visited August 2013