“Make sure you have cake for dessert” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 466 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
San Francisco, California
“Make sure you have cake for dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was an excellent meal with a unique menu. Portions good but the kicker was the dessert selection. I chose the fish special and the "Better than Sex" cake for dessert - which almost did me in. My partner had the southern meatloaf for dinner and the Marie Antoinette cake for dessert, which was a white cake with raspberry filling. And I would be remiss if I did not make note of our very friendly waitress from NYC. She made the meal even more enjoyable.

Visited September 2013

Manchester
“Great local restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Visited here on recommendation from King George Inn B&B.
So good to eat in a non-chain restaurant. Good home cooked food in a converted grocery store. Great atmosphere and food. Lots of choice. We thought reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and attentive.
Recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fairview
“Great Place, Lots of Choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Great atmosphere, very helpful servers, menu had lots of choices for all kinds of diets, and super delicious desserts.

Visited November 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Incompetent and rude wait staff.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

My wife and I were shown to our table. I immediately noticed a liquid on the table and asked for the table to be wiped. The waitress's response astounded me - "there's nothing on the table". Really, so I the customer am just making that up? Really GREAT service. I left and found a CLEAN restaurant to eat in. There are far too many better places to eat at in Roanoke to have to put up with poor service and an unclean place. I have eaten there before but never again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank CharSpen
Richmond, Virginia
“Very creative menu...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The food is quite good, although maybe a little overpriced for Roanoke. I've eaten here multiple times, and the food has always been consistently good. The bakery items are made fresh daily and they have a decent wine selection. It is a unique location and worth finding if you're in the area.

Visited September 2013