“my last visit”

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stay here every time I'm in the Roanoke area, my company has a corporate acct. I am never disappointed. Rooms are nice, clean and well mantained. The best continental breakfast of any of the hotels I stay at for business. I was VERY glad to see Brenda (front desk) is back at this location! She had transferred to another hotel on my previous two visits. The other people did a good job while she was gone, but Brenda adds a more personal touch because she remembers me and always calls me by name!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Thanks for sharing your comments and for being a return guest. I am pleased we are able to accommodate your company and that we have provided you with clean and comfortable rooms. I am excited that Brenda has returned to the Comfort Inn Airport. She filled in briefly at another Comfort Inn and has now returned to her "home" and her family of guests. She provides excellent service to everyone.
I look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I've been staying at this location since it opened. Staff is like "family". Miss Brenda has always taken great care of me and I've noticed the care she offers other visitors as well. I've never found it to be unclean, great breakfast selection each morning. Convenient to many restaurants as well as the Mall and other shops.

Room Tip: Never had a bad experience regardless of room location
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Thanks for your kind words of your recent visit to the Comfort Inn Airport.
I will pass along your comments to Mrs. Brenda. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and our location offers many dining options and the areas largest mall.
I hope you will visit us again soon and I am sure Mrs. Brenda will take excellent care of you.

Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this location at least 5 times and have never been disappointed. I take a motorcycle trip to FLA each Nov and stop here going both ways. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed: November 2012
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Comfort Inn Airport in Roanoke. I am pleased you visit us each fall on your motorcycle trips.
I will pass along your comments to the entire staff and we look forward to having you visit us in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Our arrival was very late the first night, but everything regarding the reservation was in order. Heard one plane overhead as we walked into the building, but not another sound either night. Entire hotel appears to have been remodeled; rooms appeared updated, well-decorated and clean. Bed was comfortable, heating system worked well off of a wall thermostat, and was quiet. Don't know about AC because we were there in November. No evidence of any bugs or other people's remains when we arrived. Had plenty of hot water during our stay. Towels were big, fluffy and plentiful; four in the bathroom for one king bed. Breakfast was pretty standard for "Free Hot Breakfast" these days, with coffee, scrambled egg squares, biscuits/gravy, sausage patties, plus the assorted cold stuff, including bread and pastries. And the waffle iron and instant oatmeal. But everything was clean, neat and orderly, and plentiful. Front desk was friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and didn't hear any planes or other noise from the airport nearby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments with others. Even though we are located near the areas regional airport, the noise of aircraft is very limited.
I am pleased you found all aspects of your stay enjoyable from the condition of your room, to the breakfast the next morning.
I hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I never like to stay near an airport, but this time it couldn't be avoided because of business in the area. Only heard a couple of airplanes going over or nearby and they were not in the middle of the night. Slept very well. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and breakfast was the same as you get at all the other hotels that offer a free breakfast, which satisfies me. Also, several restaurants and a mall were nearby.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The whole place with the exception of the lobby appears to be a little tawdrey.It had good beds, a working mini-fridge...and very little hot water. (The water situation was cleared up by morning.
The free breakfast was hot, fresh and tasty...well presented and above average.
I would note that the attendant at the breakfast was very pleasant and helpfull

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jopoppa
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We had a room with two queens. It was clean and adequate to the purpose. the hotel's exercise room was decent, although one of the machines did not work. No ethernet port in the room, but the Wi-Fi worked okay.

The problem? The room layout placed a refrigerator essentially right next to one of the beds. Because the fridge cycles on and off, it is too noisy to be that close to a bed. Of course, I just unplugged it. But the hotel that would have gotten four stars was downgraded as a result. Really bad design. It could have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple