“Getting better”
Review of Chaba Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Chaba Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Chaba is under new management, Mr. Tong. He tries very hard to please and on the whole, has made improvement in the quality of the food and the service. He has a long history in this business since he owned Tong Thai. We had a large group and everyone was either satisfied with their meal or extremely happy. Several of us were regulars and thoroughly enjoyed our selections. Many knew nothing of Thai food and also enjoyed their meal. We only had one slow delivery of a meal and Mr. Tong brought out a free salad to tide that person over until that meal arrived. The restaurant is fairly inexpensive even if you have appetizers. I would recommend the dumplings which are wonderful. My husband had the Mango chicken and thought it had just enough "heat". The green curry Penang is also a favorite. Several guests raved about the Mango and sticky rice dessert. We were just too full for dessert, servings are large. If you like Thai food, Mr. Tong will work very hard to satisfy!

1  Thank Diane1313

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I really like the food and service here. I took friends that had never had Thai food and were skeptical and they loved the food. You can find something to please your palate even if you don't like hot food.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

This place has changed hands a few times in the last couple of years, and quality has had some major fluctuations. I glad to say, quality has returned back to a higher mid-level. As a vegetarian, I requested a vegetarian (fish-free) dish. The owner told me some of the "vegetarian" dishes have fish in them, so I made a correction to my order. Please note: all of the curry dishes contain fish sauce, and are not really vegetarian. The food was flavourful, and cooked to order. The price was not bad, but not overly competitive, contrasted against the surrounding options. The owner happened to be my waiter, and offered some gratis dessert, as well as being very friendly. I will return to this location many times.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Getting tired of driving looking for the steak house that the Hotel told us about we happened to stumble onto this place and glad we did. Our host was very helpful and friendly. We were satisfied w/ both of our choices. Our only con is- Drinks were very expensive. We've got the address plugged into our GPS for our next trip through this area.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Chaba Thai Cuisine is a chain restaurant...and it shows! The fare is no more than standard Thai and pretty average at that. I ordered the Pad Thai...I've had lots better...and some worse! Just for the fun of it, I counted the shrimps....All seven of them! The service was OK and at least they had local Thai beer. All in all, I found the meal rather expensive for the average quality of the food. The only advantage this restaurant has is that it's close to the Blue Ridge Parkway.